Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New releases to look forward to in 2013?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

Roll on Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Kess73 wrote: »
    New Dropkick Murphys album is out a few days now. Have it playing now.

If you like them then you will like it. A little bit more commercial in sound but still a good car cd.

Jeez I cant stand the new one Kess. For me they've been steadily downhill since the Meanest of Times (possibly their best along with Blackout). The last one had 1 decent track "Sunday Hardcore Matinee" but theres nothing on the new one. Theyve gone the way of the last few Flogging Molly outings - too soft and sentimental.

There are 3 new Ginger albums out in 51 odd days that stand out for me.
    Two under the band name Mutations which is supposed to be sludgey metal:
    (a) The Frankenstein Effect
    (b) Error 500
    with contributions from Shane Embury (Napalm Death), Jon Poole (Cardiacs), Rich Jones (Black 
Halos/Amen), Tom Spencer (The Yo Yo’s), Chris Catalyst (Sisters Of Mercy/Eureka Machines), Paul Catten (ex Medula Nocte) Pulled Apart By Horses, Mark E Smith and Hawk Eyes.

The other album is under the name Hey Hello and is self titled. This is a noisy pop rock affair similar to Sleigh Bells.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

LORDI! :D

'To Beast Or Not To Beast', out March 8th.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

New Ghost album Infestissumam released in the Spring

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Rest's new album is streaming in full here. "I Hold the Wolf" is out on the 1st of February on double vinyl on digital download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

Looking forward to the new Airbourne album. First record was amazing but second release was just ok. Interesting to hear the new tracks. Also they'll be touring which will be cool. They're terrific live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

So presumably posters are of the opinion that mainstream publications criminally underrated AIC's last album?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is there a release date for QOTSA album?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

weiland79 wrote: »
    Is there a release date for QOTSA album?
    No exact date confirmed yet but sometime between April-June the band quashed rumours of it appearing by March but stated it would be out by the time they play the Download festival which is weekend of 14-16 of June

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

To be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath for the Queens album. It's been "coming out" for years now. They've played plenty of festivals since Era Vulgaris came out without releasing a new album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

Trivium are releasing a new album this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

To be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath for the Queens album. It's been "coming out" for years now. They've played plenty of festivals since Era Vulgaris came out without releasing a new album.

https://www.facebook.com/QOTSA/posts/10151448659862806

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Just copying my 2013 list from my original article here.
    the full post goes into more detail on the first five.

[1] Slayer
    [1] Hell
    [3] Ghost
    [4] Rob Zombie
    [6] DevilDriver

Heavy Hitting Hopefuls

Black Sabbath – “13” due later this year
    The Defiled – Untitled Second Studio Album
    Saxon – “Sacrifice” due February 25th
    Mastodon – Untitled Sixth Studio Album
    Satyricon – Untitled follow up to The Age of Nero
    Children of Bodom - Untitled Eighth Studio Album
    Ishan – Untitled Fifth Solo Studio Album
    Alice in Chains - Untitled Fifth Studio Album
    First Single “Hollow” released on December 18th
    Tool – Untitled Fifth Studio Album
    Airbourne - Untitled Third Studio Album
    Turasis – Untitled Fourth Studio Album
    Amon Amarth – Untitled follow up to Surtur Rising

Good for a few listens

Five Finger Death Punch – Untitled Fourth Studio Album
    Lordi – “To Beast or not to Beast” due March 8th
    Avenged Sevenfold – Untitled Sixth Studio Album
    Trivium – Untitled Sixth Studio Album
    Stone Sour – “House of Gold & Bones Pt.2”
    First Single “Do me a Favour” due February 12th
    H.I.M – “Tears on Tape”

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

Whatever HELL have coming out this year! Heading to Derby later this month to see what the hubbub is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Elrollo wrote: »
    Whatever HELL have coming out this year! Heading to Derby later this month to see what the hubbub is :D

It's going to be class, I spoke with them over Christmas about the new material and about the show, long interview but its here if you want to have a read, we chat all the time so I'll hit them up again just before the album comes out. Make sure to wear your Hell shirt in derby and you might make it into the commemorative photos of the night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

New Megadeth album will be coming out this summer and Danny Carey has confirmed that Tool will release a new album also this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Xenji wrote: »
    New Megadeth album will be coming out this summer and Danny Carey has confirmed that Tool will release a new album also this year.

But Maynard said there isn't...just give us an album Tool

Elton John appearing on QOTSA album.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

New Audrey Horne album is blasting away now. Me likey what I am hearing. Pretty much a continuation of their last album.

My lovely postman also delivered the new albums by Riverside, The VirginMarys, The Joy Formidable, Bad Religion, and Pure Love ( credit card company just loves me :)), but AH had to be put on first.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Carcass have a new album coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

New one from Kvelertak is dropping soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Elrollo

It's going to be class, I spoke with them over Christmas about the new material and about the show, long interview but its here if you want to have a read, we chat all the time so I'll hit them up again just before the album comes out. Make sure to wear your Hell shirt in derby and you might make it into the commemorative photos of the night :)
    Really enjoyed reading that interview! It's excellent to see how concerned how the band are with creating a performance that really brings the audience into the world they try to build up over the length of their set! I must say now that with only a short amount of time to go before the gig that I am positively giddy at the prospect of another trip to HELL! :D
    Also the HELL tee will be worn with much pride that night!

Now to contribute a bit more to the thread, more releases I'm looking forward to this year will be:

Blind Guardian -A Travelers Guide to Space and Time
    Hypocrisy - End of Disclosure
    Amorphis - Circle
    aaaaaaaaand
    Avantasia - The Mystery of Time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I was once in Into The Void while Hell was being played once. It sounded like Judas Priest but terribly, terribly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭cro mags

Airbourne new album being released in may. It's called black dog barking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ThatOneRegret

New Tool album is supposed to come out so I am very excited for that! :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

New Tool album is supposed to come out so I am very excited for that! :D

Not letting myself get too excited about it until there some proper confirmation :P

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Maynard has said there's no new music this year and i'd take his word for it. In fairness, theyre not far enough along anyways. Theyd want to be in the latter stages of recording by now before mastering and production comes in, and thats an autumn release or later. Best we're getting is sketchy craic about writing that Maynard contradicts. Tool spend quite a while writing and recording too as their music is so complex. Id be surprised if we saw anything this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

New Altar of Plagues album, "Teethed Glory and Injury" should be out in the next two months or so. First track off it:

Definitely a different sound going on there, but I'm willing to bet that the music is edited down to fit the time constraints of the video. Could be an interesting song with a longer running time.

Also, Shardborne's first full length will be out sometime this year. Pre-production version of one of the tracks off the album, along with a video of some tasty drumming:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Steven Wilson : The Raven That Refused To Sing ...... has been an amazing release so far and will be hard to top.

Also enjoyed Bonafide : Ultimate Rebel - if you like Y&T and AC/DC - this is up your street.

will be interesting to hear what Black Sabbath come up with and Queensryche (minus Tate) but other than those - Im not really waiting on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

RayCon wrote: »
    Steven Wilson : The Raven That Refused To Sing ...... has been an amazing release so far and will be hard to top.

Very good album alright. Not many bands around that have that 70's Prog spirit but Steven Wilson definitely has it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Steel Panther will be releasing a new album in the autumn.

Advertisement