Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New releases to look forward to in 2013?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

lots of doom and thrash metal to look forward to. new cathedral album coming out soon smiley face!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

New Alter Bridge album due sometime this year

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Clicked into the thread to post this! :D

Also new 30 Seconds to Mars album Love Lust Faith + Dreams is out 21st May.

Also rumoured - Avenged Sevenfold's follow up to Nightmare and I think I heard something about a new Daughtry album this year too. :)

I think if i remember the Reddit AMA M.Shadows did a while back, he said the new A7X album could be out for the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones pt2 comes out in Ireland on 5th April (Friday Week)

• Advertisement

Also coming out on the 5th April

Iron Maiden - Maiden England '88

Device - Device ( David Draiman's new band since Disturbed split/took a break)

Volbeat - Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

RayCon wrote: »
    Steven Wilson : The Raven That Refused To Sing ...... has been an amazing release so far and will be hard to top.

Also enjoyed Bonafide : Ultimate Rebel - if you like Y&T and AC/DC - this is up your street.

will be interesting to hear what Black Sabbath come up with and Queensryche (minus Tate) but other than those - Im not really waiting on anything.

Oooooopppps ... forgot Ghost's new album in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Evile have announced their fourth album Skull will be released in May.

326-300x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Palms (Chino Moreno/Isis) have set a release date of June 25th for their self-titled debut album.

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186086

Kess73 wrote: »
    Stone Sour - House of Gold and Bones pt2 comes out in Ireland on 5th April (Friday Week)

Excited for House Of Gold & Bones Part 2, Part 1 was freaking brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Kess73 wrote: »
    Also coming out on the 5th April

Iron Maiden - Maiden England '88

Out already, Amazon delivered it to my house yesterday! :)

blastman wrote: »
    Out already, Amazon delivered it to my house yesterday! :)

I had pre ordered it in the same order that has Stone Sour, Device and Schindler's List in it, so that must be why I got to thinking it was the same release date as them.

Have to wait and see if Amazon decide to send on the Maiden part of that order beforehand or just send it all in one go. :(

What is the sound quality like on the cd?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I haven't listened to it yet as I only picked it up from the Post Office this morning as no-one was in to sign for it yesterday. Reports are it's very good (I think it has been re-mastered) but I'll know better this evening.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Dark Tranquillity's new album "Construct" is released on May 27th in Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭LindowMan

The pioneers of heavy metal, Black Sabbath, are releasing their nineteenth album on 11th June 2013.

The album is to be called "13" and will be their first studio album since 1995's "Reunion", their first album with Geezer since the album "Cross Purposes" of 1994 and their first with Ozzy since 1978's "Never Say Die!".

black-sabbath-13-download-114529_250x250.jpg

The album was to be recorded in Los Angeles but becaue Tony Iommi - who was voted the greatest heavy metal guitarist of all time by Guitar Magazine in 2012 - was diagnosed with cancer in January 2012 work on the album took place at his home in the Erdington area of Sabbath's native Birmingham. Tony was successfully treated for the disease in January this year.

Black Sabbath were without original drummer Bill Ward for the recording, though, as he would not participate in the Black Sabbath reunion unless he was given a "signable contract." So Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave drummer Brad Wilk did the drums in the album.

Black+Sabbath.jpg
    Young: Sabbath in 1969

black-sabbath-2012-2.jpg
    Getting on a bit: Sabbath now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

God Is An Astronaut in September theyve just said on Facebook. Delighted!

This is at pre-production stage now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Forward thinking Irish metallers Altar of Plagues new album Teethed Glory and Injury. Someone already mentioned them but there's a new 5/5 review from Terrorizer and a new track streaming. The review sounds amazing and I can't wait to hear this album, it will shatter many peoples' perceptions of them!

http://www.terrorizer.com/2013/04/12/altar-of-plagues-album-review/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Mushy wrote: »
    God Is An Astronaut in September theyve just said on Facebook. Delighted!

Hopefully a gig to follow :) Really can't wait to see what they produce.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

New track from Shardbourne's new album:

Well, it's a live take of the actual album track, but it still sounds unreal! Can't wait to pick up the album when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

'Unstoppable Momentum' out May 7th. Sounds like a return to form(to me) as the last satch album i really liked was Crystal Planet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are judas priest still releasing an album this year?

This is at pre-production stage now :D

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a August/September release, and i also tweeted Michael Tremonti asking about Irish Alter Bridge dates, here's what he said Not for 2013. Looking at 2014.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a August/September release, and i also tweeted Michael Tremonti asking about Irish Alter Bridge dates, here's what he said Not for 2013. Looking at 2014.

If I get to see them once I'll be happy so 2014 is fine by me! :D

If I get to see them once I'll be happy so 2014 is fine by me! :D

I'll explode with happiness if i can get tickets to see them, meeting Myles Kennedy would be a dream come true (His work with Slash is just amazing)

I'll explode with happiness if i can get tickets to see them, meeting Myles Kennedy would be a dream come true (His work with Slash is just amazing)

I think I'd pass out!

I must listen to more of it. I've only heard Bad Rain and it's unreal!

Pre ordered Megadeth's Super Collider & Black Sabbath's 13, now just have to wait until they arrive :)

I think I'd pass out!

I must listen to more of it. I've only heard Bad Rain and it's unreal!

Apocalyptic Love is a brilliant album from start to finish, plus the 2 tracks Myles did for Slash's 2010 solo album..... Slash definitely found himself an awesome frontman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

As the title says.

Click here for preview

If only they would play Dublin!

Advertisement