Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New releases to look forward to in 2013?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Chino Moreno + ex-members of Isis - June 25th

palmscover.jpg

1. Future Warrior
    2. Patagonia
    3. Mission Sunset
    4. Shortwave Radio
    5. Tropics
    6. Antarctic Handshake

http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=189977

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

God is an Astronauts new album will be called "Origins"

935014_10151671769935409_1944828963_n.jpg
    A wide spectrum of emotions are conjured over the course of the album and, while half of the tracks feature vocals, the voices have been laden with resonant swathes of effects so as to retain a similar ambiguity to the instrumentals.

Source

Vocals are an interesting development, but I've every confidence they'll be done well.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    New Alter Bridge album due sometime this year

Looks like it's coming along nicely! :D

942841_10151705774920953_1504037124_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I like the idea of a God Is an Astronaut album featuring vocals. I presume they're not going to be like lead vocals and more like just using voices to create another layer of sound. I'm looking forward to this, even the album art looks enticing.

• Advertisement

That's my impression, when done right vocals can mesh into that style of music easily and add another dimension, without changing the entire tone of it. So many reasons to be excited about this album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Uncle Acid and The Deadbeats new album "Mind Control" is cracker.

Joey Jordison's new side project Scar The Martyr have their debut album coming out in September :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

New Ulver album Messe I.X-VI.X will be released on August 1st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

new Amon Amarth album released: Deceiver of the Gods:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Dream Theater's new album is out on September 24th.

Its going to be a self-titled so I have very high hopes!
    The last few have been mediocre at best.

slayerking wrote: »

Its going to be a self-titled so I have very high hopes!
    The last few have been mediocre at best.

I don't have high hopes, for that exact reason :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

I'm more than a touch excited about the new Gorguts album ("Coloured Sands"). Out the week of my birthday too - I know what my 'selfie' present is this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Not too sure if mentioned already, but Carcass have a new album out 'Surgical Steel' in September.

Here's a link to a leaked tune - Captive Bolt Pistol - very impressed with it.

http://gritosonoro.com/primer-adelanto-de-carcass/

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Not too sure if mentioned already, but Carcass have a new album out 'Surgical Steel' in September.

Very much looking forward to the new Carcass album, even more so now since I heard the new tune. All version of the tracks have now been pulled from Youtube by Nuclear Blast but I managed to find it here:

http://www.noisemag.net/?p=20374

Have a listen now before it's taken down.

Michael Tremonti tweeted that the new Alter Bridge album is out in September but no official release date as of yet.

Cannot wait! :D

Michael Tremonti tweeted that the new Alter Bridge album is out in September but no official release date as of yet.

Cannot wait! :D

And another nugget of info from Michael Tremonti on Twitter ''The guys recorded 13 songs. Mark says the song he sang lead on is a lock to make it on the album.Yes!''

Bring on September :D

I just saw that on Facebook :D Mark's solo album is great so I'm really looking forward to hearing that, and the rest obviously! :D

• Advertisement

I just saw that on Facebook :D Mark's solo album is great so I'm really looking forward to hearing that, and the rest obviously! :D

Mark Tremonti's solo album is awesome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Title suggests a return to their anarcho punk roots with an anti-abboitor theme

Definite blend between Necroticism/Heartwork, so very impressed... always great to hear Walker's original death metal type snarl regardless; very distinctive!

The new Motorhead album Aftershock is due in September :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Seriously looking forward to Jupiter's album :)

Avenged Sevenfold released the title track to Hail To The King today, along with the album tracklisting :D

Hail To The King Tracklisting

Shepherd of Fire
    Hail to the King
    Doing Time
    This Means War
    Requiem
    Crimson Day
    Heretic
    Coming Home
    Planets
    Acid Rain
    St. James - Bonus track on the deluxe edition

I'm liking that I have to say. Solo is very cool as expected. I absoutely love how M Shadows' voice sounds though. :D

Also, going by what I've been seeing on the Alter Bridge Facebook and Twitter accounts the new album is coming along quite nicely. Everything recorded, 5 (I think) songs mixed. There will be 13 in total. Bit of a hint on Facebook earlier too. Something about the album being "Incredible" and it was written like that. So I'm thinking maybe it's a song title or part of the album title maybe? :)

Edit:
    "Mixing away on the new "INCREDIBLE" Alter Bridge record!" was the exact post from Elvis :)

I'm liking that I have to say. Solo is very cool as expected. I absoutely love how M Shadows' voice sounds though. :D

Also, going by what I've been seeing on the Alter Bridge Facebook and Twitter accounts the new album is coming along quite nicely. Everything recorded, 5 (I think) songs mixed. There will be 13 in total. Bit of a hint on Facebook earlier too. Something about the album being "Incredible" and it was written like that. So I'm thinking maybe it's a song title or part of the album title maybe? :)

The new A7X song has a City Of Evil vibe to it, you're right about the new Alter Bridge album 5 songs are mixed, 8 more to go :D (hopefully we'll be hearing new Alter Bridge by the end of the month), i'd hazard a guess and say ''Incredible'' could be the beginning of a song title, something to keep the fans guessing, i doubt the album would be titled ''Incredible''....... I guess we'll find out in due time

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The new A7X song has a City Of Evil vibe to it, you're right about the new Alter Bridge album 5 songs are mixed, 8 more to go :D (hopefully we'll be hearing new Alter Bridge by the end of the month), i'd hazard a guess and say ''Incredible'' could be the beginning of a song title, something to keep the fans guessing, i doubt the album would be titled ''Incredible''....... I guess we'll find out in due time

Haven't listened to that one as much as the self-titled or Nightmare I have to say.

It seems to be progressing fairly quickly so I hope you're right! Maybe they'll do like they did with ABIII and give us a preview of each song in a YouTube video? Fingers crossed for a release date soon. :)

I think part of a song title is more likely thinking about it now. They're keeping us guessing that's for sure :)

Haven't listened to that one as much as the self-titled or Nightmare I have to say.

It seems to be progressing fairly quickly so I hope you're right! Maybe they'll do like they did with ABIII and give us a preview of each song in a YouTube video? Fingers crossed for a release date soon. :)

I think part of a song title is more likely thinking about it now. They're keeping us guessing that's for sure :)

City Of Evil is amazing in it's own little way, Alter Bridge sped through ABIII, though it's a great record from start to finish, i think we'll get a 30 second preview of the new Alter Bridge sooner rather than later,

• Advertisement

I hope you're right!

I only discovered Alter Bridge between Blackbird and ABIII so this is my second time being like a child waiting for Santa to come! :p

I was sort of hoping that it'd be end of August for a release date but that really would be wishful thinking!

It's been revealed already that Mark does lead vocals on one song but I really hope it'll be more. I loved his solo album.

Advertisement