Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New releases to look forward to in 2013?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Avenged Sevenfold released the title track to Hail To The King today, along with the album tracklisting :D

Hail To The King Tracklisting

Shepherd of Fire
    Hail to the King
    Doing Time
    This Means War
    Requiem
    Crimson Day
    Heretic
    Coming Home
    Planets
    Acid Rain
    St. James - Bonus track on the deluxe edition

Disappointed with the track. Boring as hell and the drumming is way too repetitive. Syn's guitar work is solid as always though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Good interview with Mark Tremonti. Three working titles mentioned also..

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/mark-tremonti-talks-new-alter-bridge-album-tour-and-rig-580252

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

TRIVIUM have announced Vengeance Falls as the title for their 6th studio album, album due out sometime this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know this is slightly off-topic, but as people are looking forward to God is an Astronauts 'Origins', you'll be happy to know they playing Crane Lane in Cork and the Academy in Dublin towards end of October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Mushy wrote: »
    I know this is slightly off-topic, but as people are looking forward to God is an Astronauts 'Origins', you'll be happy to know they playing Crane Lane in Cork and the Academy in Dublin towards end of October.

To add to that, if anyone else was wondering like I was, Origins has a release date of 16/09/13 according to their website.

http://www.superadmusic.com/god/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

TRIVIUM have announced Vengeance Falls as the title for their 6th studio album, album due out sometime this year

and that frustrating teaser thing, i was just hoping they would tell the release date

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

and that frustrating teaser thing, i was just hoping they would tell the release date

There just building up the excitement for the new album

Rosetta - The Anaesthete (August 8th 2013)

1. Ryu / Tradition
    2. Fudo / The Immovable Deity
    3. In & Yo / Dualities Of The Way
    4. Oku / The Secrets
    5. Hodoku / Compassion
    6. Myo / The Miraculous
    7. Hara / The Center8. Ku / Emptiness
    9. Shugyo / Austerity

It might be optimistic to hope for another album with the caliber of Wake/Lift or The Galilean Satellites, but as it's a pay-what-you-wish digital download it could be worth checking out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

New Alter Bridge album, 'Fortress' to be released in the UK on 30 September and in the USA on 8 October!

Hell yes!!! Absolutely love the title!!! :D

68 days to go... :o

http://www.alterbridge.com/news/2013-07/alter-bridge-fortress-drops-september-30-uk.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Turns out Voïvod have done another vid. Leaked preview:

looks exactly how I might have expected :cool: apologies for being such an obsessive one dimensional fanboy but they are on a crest of sorts and I hope they are actually making some money this time out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

God is an Astronaut's single release from upcoming album

Bit underwhelmed on first impressions to be honest, seems to lack the structure I'd usually associate with them.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Katatonia appear to be releasing a new album this month

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/katatonia-to-release-dethroned-and-uncrowned-in-september

Seem to be following the same sound as Dead End Kings which is good news as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ssba91

Katatonia appear to be releasing a new album this month

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/katatonia-to-release-dethroned-and-uncrowned-in-september

Seem to be following the same sound as Dead End Kings which is good news as far as I'm concerned.

The problem is that everywhere seems to be advertising this as a new album, its just Dead End Kings with the guitars and drums removed.

Here's a video of one of the tracks if you haven't seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnVjaJi8m2A

Ah I see, well that's a bit underwhelming.

Ah I see, well that's a bit underwhelming.

Sorry i didn't mean to disappoint you :o

The album is still worth checking out, especially for the heavier songs like "Buildings" and "Dead Letters" done completely differently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/premiere-trivium-stream-new-song-strife-right-here/

I have to say I'm really loving Strife !!!! I think its a great song .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

One album that's just been released is the self titled album from The Temperance Movement. Seems to have gone a bit under the radar in terms of publicity. Picked it up after reading a review of it in Classic Rock (they gave it 9/10) and it's a fantastic record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

One album that's just been released is the self titled album from The Temperance Movement. Seems to have gone a bit under the radar in terms of publicity. Picked it up after reading a review of it in Classic Rock (they gave it 9/10) and it's a fantastic record.

Yep it is a good album, and another somewhat retro sounding album that came out this month and that is quite good is the new album from the Black Spiders.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/premiere-trivium-stream-new-song-strife-right-here/

I have to say I'm really loving Strife !!!! I think its a great song .

If the rest of the album is like Strife, then I will defo be picking it up. Have found Trivium to be very hit and miss as a band, but Strife is a stonking song and has really gotten me interested in hearing the album next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Kess73 wrote: »
    If the rest of the album is like Strife, then I will defo be picking it up. Have found Trivium to be very hit and miss as a band, but Strife is a stonking song and has really gotten me interested in hearing the album next month.

Another song by them thats supposed to be on the new album . I have to agree it is a quality song .

• Advertisement

New EP from Insomnium out on Monday :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

scar the martyr is looking good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2xVAF07QD8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

New Death Angel is shaping up to be fantastic, I've it pre ordered already:

I'm apprehensively looking forward to the new Warbringer although i'm not sure what to make of the one song released so far.

New Hell album in November too is going to be great I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Instrumental, stoner rock group Earthless have a new album out next Monday. For fans of guitar music, long solos and big riffs!

New song from Chino Moreno's electronic side project Crosses, album released 26th Nov:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

New Motorhead!!

First track available to listen to from the new album Aftershock.

http://www1.rollingstone.com/hearitnow/player/motorhead2.html

Sounds great,sounds like ........erm,Motorhead.:pac:

Would advise people to check out Pelican's new album Forever Becoming

They're post-metal for those not familiar and the new album is a beast.

Would advise people to check out Pelican's new album Forever Becoming

They're post-metal for those not familiar and the new album is a beast.

Had not checked them out before your post, but am glad to have taken your advise. Well worth shelling out for.

th?id=H.4828510791073838&pid=15.1

Out on the 15th November in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

GRAND MAGUS - Triumph And Power

Advertisement