Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Nursing Courses

Options
  • 30-11-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Anybody know of any colleges offering veterinary nursing courses besidews UCD and Letterkenny IT ? Degree courses i mean:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Anybody know of any colleges offering veterinary nursing courses besidews UCD and Letterkenny IT ? Degree courses i mean:rolleyes:

have a look at St. Johns college, Cork

http://www.stjohnscollege.ie/courses-2/applied-sciences/veterinary-nursing/

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

Thanks garv123 unfortunately thats only a certificate course and not a degree course. I need a degree in order to help me get a viza, however i will keep it in mind in case things do not work out through the CAO;)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

For anybody looking to study veterinary nursing there are only four colleges offering proper degree courses recognised by the veterinary council of Ireland.

Name of Academic Institution
    Title of Veterinary Nursing award:

Athlone Institute of Technology
    Bachelor of Science Veterinary Nursing (BScVN)

Dundalk Institute of Technology

Letterkenny Institute of Technology

St. John’s Central College Cork
    Level 6 Advanced Certificate with Veterinary Nursing

University College Dublin
    Degree of Bachelor of Science (Hons) BSc(Hons)

As can be seen the only proper Honours degree course is at UCD,this may not matter if you intend staying in Ireland but if you are applying for a viza or work permit for some countries you need and HONOURS DEGREE;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

As can be seen the only proper Honours degree course is at UCD,this may not matter if you intend staying in Ireland but if you are applying for a viza or work permit for some countries you need and HONOURS DEGREE;)

Deadman1972 is right but in AIT you also have the option of doing a 4th year in either Veterinary Practice Management or Bioscience which will give you an honours degree on top of your VN level 7 qualification

Advertisement