Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are my options? uncompleted repair

Options
  • 30-11-2012 7:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone help with advice.
    I paid a company to carry out repairs to rollers on a sliding door.
    They fitted the incorrect type and they collapsed. So I rang them and they agreed to call out and replace them with stronger rollers.
    We agreed a date and they never showed up, it took a couple of phone calls to re-schedule the call but due to a accident no one was at the house this time, I have tried to call them again and left numerous messages but they will not return any calls, can I deal with them through the smalls claims court? Or what options have I? Thanks.

Note: They issued a receipt for repair work guarantee for 12 months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Forget the phone, use letters only. These are much harder to ignore and leave a record of your case history if/when you hit the SCC. You need to write to them, remind them they failed to turn up as agreed (don't mention you not being home on the second date, they may not have turned up either to know that) and state you expect the matter to be resolved to your satisfaction within 10 working days otherwise you'll take them to the SCC. Be factual, polite but firm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Update, took him to small claims court and won...:D

Advertisement