Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maual boiler timer clock wont work

Options
  • 30-11-2012 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭

Our gas boiler is turned on & off from a manual timer where you push in little buttons/pins for the timer clck to turn on. The clock/timer stoped turning so the heat wouldnt come on at set times. I went off today and got the exact same timer but when i turned the electricity back on the timer clock would still not work but the bolier still turns on fine when you push the on/off switch. The old timer was 6 years old. Is it just bad luck ive managed to pick up a dodgy one or a fault with my electricals?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Super hoop

neris wrote: »
    Our gas boiler is turned on & off from a manual timer where you push in little buttons/pins for the timer clck to turn on. The clock/timer stoped turning so the heat wouldnt come on at set times. I went off today and got the exact same timer but when i turned the electricity back on the timer clock would still not work but the bolier still turns on fine when you push the on/off switch. The old timer was 6 years old. Is it just bad luck ive managed to pick up a dodgy one or a fault with my electricals?
    Its more than likely a fault with the analogue timer.moving parts wear and fail over time.they are a cheap part to replace and if your anyway handy you can replace it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

i would guess that you wired new one wrong
    swap the live in connections with the live out ones (No guarantee though;))
    any chance pic of new and old timers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

That type of timeclock never worked right on my boiler. Nuisance of a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

Super hoop wrote: »
    Its more than likely a fault with the analogue timer.moving parts wear and fail over time.they are a cheap part to replace and if your anyway handy you can replace it yourself.

This is an intersting thread, my own analogue boiler timer which is about 7 years old seems to have a mind of its own and just switches on at random times, which is not good given the price of oil. Just bought a new digital timer this morning, hoping this will solve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Bligh wrote: »
    This is an intersting thread, my own analogue boiler timer which is about 7 years old seems to have a mind of its own and just switches on at random times, which is not good given the price of oil. Just bought a new digital timer this morning, hoping this will solve the problem.

It should do. The random on times of the mechanical one is probably the motor mechanism that rotates the dial not running right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bligh

robbie7730 wrote: »
    It should do. The random on times of the mechanical one is probably the motor mechanism that rotates the dial not running right.

New digital timer fitted, was expecting a bit of messing and wiring, but it was just a matter of removing the old timer and clicking the new one onto the back plate. happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Apologies for digging this thread, but can anyone recommend a store where I can buy one of those timers?
    In particular, (if you know) FM/1 STUZH.
    And how cheap are they?

Thanks.

Advertisement