Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Radar Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

tippman1 wrote: »
    And I suppose it would never break down in either of those locations?

Mt Gabriel has 24 hour IAA cover, presumably 'cos Shannon ATC needs to be available most of the time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Latest info from Met Eireann website.

http://www.met.ie/news/display.asp?ID=185

My Chrome is showing an Ooops for that link

http://www.met.ie/news/display.asp?ID=185 itself is showing the info that was quoted in an earlier post, nothing about the delivery.....maybe the wrong part....

In general terms ME's technology is pretty crap, considering they have a fairly good income of their own from selling forecasts. The jerkiness of the images on the nightly forecasts indicates the level of hardware they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Shannon is back online

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Just spotted that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

And offline, and online, and offline again...

• Advertisement

They're probably breaking it in.......trying not to overwork the new gearbox too hard till it beds in properly? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Can they not keep spare parts at the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

They're probably breaking it in.......trying not to overwork the new gearbox too hard till it beds in properly? ;)

They should keep it oiled and greased to prevent the gearbox from going out of line and burning out the motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

It can't be easy putting it back together!

232516.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

a radar already is in place on dooncarton mountain, its just for airplanes though.

• Advertisement

As the bloody thing is down again can anyone tell me when the rain will arrive in Galway?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Discodog wrote: »
    As the bloody thing is down again can anyone tell me when the rain will arrive in Galway?

I can tell you...it will arrive when little droplets of water start falling from the clouds...then, and only then, will the rain will have arrived. :p

Someone must of worked late. It's back.

Spoke too soon. It's 1.00pm & the last update was 11.15am!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Dublins down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Tae laidir

Come on Shannon.
    We're all depending on you.
    You can do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aob9

.........and Shannon down again, come on guys what are you doing???????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Swapping around parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭airuser

Shannon up Dublin Down

It appears that something has happened to the ME site & the radar. It was working on my mobile earlier today but now it only works on my phone's stock browser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

gone again today

Found a site "radarbox24" which cover many of the airports. And listen to "Liveatc". Good fun

Airuser

Shannon still down 08.21 hours 21/1/13

airuser

Shannon down again.
    Just as weather approaches from the West after week of Easterlies!

Back again!

Tae laidir wrote: »
    Back again!

For 15 mins only :(

No updates on Met.ie either. Wasn't Shannon given a major refurbish late last year?
    What's going on there???

No updates on Met.ie either. Wasn't Shannon given a major refurbish late last year?
    What's going on there???

Sounds like planned or preventative maintenance gone wrong! It's pretty annoying.

What's going on there???

Sounds like planned or preventative maintenance gone wrong! It's pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

'On-going maintenance on Dublin & Shannon radars may lead to interruptions in displayed imagery at times.' This is what they say on ME but it has been one continuous interruption for the past few days.
    You would have to wonder what they did last year when it was down for weeks for a complete overhaul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

RoisinD wrote: »
    'On-going maintenance on Dublin & Shannon radars may lead to interruptions in displayed imagery at times.' This is what they say on ME but it has been one continuous interruption for the past few days.
    You would have to wonder what they did last year when it was down for weeks for a complete overhaul.
    Shannon must be down again....

Advertisement