Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Radar Problems

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aob9

.......and down again. What a POS. Are these radars really so complex that they give constant problems or is Shannon a yellow pack device?????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

I would guess that the recent maintainance works were a life-extending excercise when the money is not there to replace them. Pity they weren't replaced when the money was more plentiful in the mid-00's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Shannon seems to be back online now thank god...I know it can be very frustrating for us here but my god it must be a right pain in the ass for met Eireann

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Tae laidir

After a period of stability (including the weather), normal service appears to be resuming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

It can't deal with heavy showers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

It's up and down a bit today, sign of bad weather. I hear Michael Gallagher is going to include it in his next edition, I think there is some insect that uses the antenna for refuge when very bad weather is looming.

Advertisement