Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelving

• 30-11-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to build 3 shelves for my x-box, sky box and dvd player. What I'd like to do is have the top one the widest and have the other two descending in size.

Much like that design if it came out. Rough but the point is put across.

What I'd like to know is would I be better off building it myself, or buying it? Have very good building experience, made a boat for my leaving last year. So ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Okay the design didn't come out but make the left and right symmetric and there it is.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Nowadays I say you could buy a set of shelves and brackets cheeper than building them but if you want precisely whats in your head built it:D

fergal.b wrote: »
    Nowadays I say you could buy a set of shelves and brackets cheeper than building them but if you want precisely whats in your head built it:D

Very true Fergal. I think, unless I spot them cheap somewhere, I'll build them myself!

Finally got around to doing this shelving, happy out:D Tidy's the place up rightly now. Must buy some of those things that clear up the wires, failing that cable ties/tape.

All in all it came in at a smidge over 13euro. Which is brilliant too.

Dimensions are (L x W)

2ft x 1ft
    18'' x 1ft
    1ft x 1ft.

237668.jpg

Apologies for poor picture, opinions?:D

Advertisement