Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Baggage with Virgin Airlines

Options
  • 30-11-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Virgin Atlantic lost my Baggage when flying from London to Miami. I was connecting on to Cartagena in Columbia for my best friends wedding which I was Best Man. I had to buy a load of clothes including suit to cover my Holidays.

Didnt get my bags back for another 2 weeks. Made a claim against Virgin Atlantic to cover my expenses. They came back with "that if a piece of luggage arrives late, we can make a maximum payment of $100 to cover necessary items such as cosmetics, toiletries and basic clothing".

I think this is ridiculous, has anyone else encountered this? Only had a 100 Euro cover with Travel Insurance so well out of pocket. Any advice or help to make Virgin Atlantic more accountable?

Comments

Advertisement