Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card you can top up with cash?

Options
  • 30-11-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me more about credit cards which you can top up with cash? I want to join a website, and require a credit card to do so. I do not have a credit card currently, and my income levels are such that I do not fancy my chances at being approved for one.

I'd like just a simple process of buying it, topping it up, and using it to order goods online and so on. Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Have a look at the O2 Money card

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Smashius_Clay

Have a look at the O2 Money card

Do you have to have an account with O2 for that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Watch the fees - they are normally horrendous. Does your bank not offer a visa debit card? Does the website not accept paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deuces wild

Try neteller.You get a prepaid mastercard linked to an online account which you can fund from your bank account.No charges if you dont withdraw cash at a cash machine

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Smashius_Clay

Watch the fees - they are normally horrendous. Does your bank not offer a visa debit card? Does the website not accept paypal?

Fees for what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Fees for what?

Topping up, spending the cash, government stamp duty, low usage fee, joining fee... as always just read the small print.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Those pre-pay cards are muck. They aren't instant either, it takes 2 or 3 days after you top up before you actually see the funds. See if you can get a visa card from your bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Similar to neteller is the moneybookers pre paid mastercard. You can top up free with laser and from your bank account. It only costs €10 a year for the card. Whereas the o2 card will charge you each time you top up, which all adds up.

Advertisement