Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipad mini?

• 30-11-2012 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Hey guys really thing about investing in the ipad mini ? i have read reviews about people saying to wait for an ipad mini 2 as it will have retina display so when would this be released?:D tbh i dont have a clue what that means:o i just like the look of it as it compact and really want it for a bita networking and music and camera as i hope to be goin to canada in march all goin well. it will acompany me on me travels and will be good for wifi in hostels networking etc:D..also guys where would be the best place to get it?:D thanks for takeing your time to help a complete apple novice:D.ross:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 impalingnubs

In my opinion, the products that Apple offer from one generation to another has small / insignificant improvements. But the iPad is a pretty neat gadget though.

craigslist is your best shot at a cheaper one lol.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In my opinion, the products that Apple offer from one generation to another has small / insignificant improvements. But the iPad is a pretty neat gadget though.

Depends what generation you are coming from and going to.
    The iPhone 3GS to 4 was a giant leap.
    The iPhone 4 to the 4s was a small leap imo.
    The iPhone 4S to the 5 was another giant leap imo.

The iPad 2 to iPad 3 was a giant leap.
    The iPad 3 to iPad 4 was a minor leap imo (i know it has a faster processor)

I dont think we will see an updated mini or iPad 5 until late next year, so i would say buy now if the funds allow. The mini doesnt have the Retina display, but from what i hear, because of the smaller screen, its not as noticeable. Go into currys etc and have a play with both and see what you take a fancy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Tbh mate i dont no what retina is:o so i suppose it would suit me down to the ground i just think it will be good for wen on the go and when i am traveling around canada:D... thanks for the replys lads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 impalingnubs

kceire wrote: »
    Depends what generation you are coming from and going to.
    The iPhone 3GS to 4 was a giant leap.
    The iPhone 4 to the 4s was a small leap imo.
    The iPhone 4S to the 5 was another giant leap imo.

The iPad 2 to iPad 3 was a giant leap.
    The iPad 3 to iPad 4 was a minor leap imo (i know it has a faster processor)

I dont think we will see an updated mini or iPad 5 until late next year, so i would say buy now if the funds allow. The mini doesnt have the Retina display, but from what i hear, because of the smaller screen, its not as noticeable. Go into currys etc and have a play with both and see what you take a fancy too.

I've started using the iPhone since the 3G and stopped at the 4GS. All I saw change was adding front camera, iOS update (which I usually don't count) and a faster processor.

also the ipad to the ipad 2.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I've started using the iPhone since the 3G and stopped at the 4GS. All I saw change was adding front camera, iOS update (which I usually don't count) and a faster processor.

No idea what any of that means.

---

JustRoss23, a retina display is an Apple term for a higher resolution display - one so high that you're not supposed to be able to make out individual pixels. The iPhones have had it for 2+ years, and the iPad for nearly 1 year.

No, the mini doesn't have it but still has a decent resolution. There are some that think Apple will introduce a retina version of the mini as soon as Q1 of 2013, but personally I doubt it. More likely later in the year.

If you want one now - get one. Like all Apple stuff it'll hold it's value well in the event you want to upgrade at some point in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Seen as you don't even know the proper names I doubt anyone will take what you say seriously. The 3G to a 4/4s is a monstrous step in terms of features and speed

Advertisement