Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky broadband pricing

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

People living in urban areas are getting that. People living in rural areas are paying 27 euros.

Those prices will likely rise when this trial run is over. I could be mistaken of course?

Its a good price for the year.
    After that it will probably go up but I'm sure they will make sure they're cheaper than everyone else. That wouldn't be hard :D
    Sky's pricing may also get the others to lower theirs & make the market more competitive. That is of course except Eircom who seem to have some kind of death wish :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Its a good price for the year.
    After that it will probably go up but I'm sure they will make sure they're cheaper than everyone else. That wouldn't be hard :D
    Sky's pricing may also get the others to lower theirs & make the market more competitive. That is of course except Eircom who seem to have some kind of death wish :rolleyes:
    Yeah that's pretty much what I'm hoping. It should make all the prices go down *fingers crossed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

So Sky BB does accept the DSFA allowance?

Just email HouseholdBenefits@welfare.ie and tell them your changing provider and want your allowance paid directly to your bank account.

Just email HouseholdBenefits@welfare.ie and tell them your changing provider and want your allowance paid directly to your bank account.
    Thanks for that. I have to get my ma to do all that a I being a minor obviousally is not the account holder. DSFA is just for BB and Telephone? Not TV or the like? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thanks for that. I have to get my ma to do all that a I being a minor obviousally is not the account holder. DSFA is just for BB and Telephone? Not TV or the like? Thanks :)
    she should be getting her tv licence and 35€ towards electricity or gas. Its 9 50 for line rental

• Advertisement

she should be getting her tv licence and 35€ towards electricity or gas. Its 9 50 for line rental
    I have no idea what she's getting but thank you for all ur help :)

anyone know if sky bb ip is static or dynamic? ie does the ip change after u turn the router off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Langer

unlikely to be static, most connections dynamic unless you request otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

I registered interest for this a couple of months ago, but never heard anything back from them (apart from them saying 'thanks for registering your interest'). Just tried ringing them on 0818719895 and was told that the trial is now over.

So do I now have to wait until they fully release it, or does someone else know of a number to ring?

Thanks...

J.

Double post...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Langer

i registered interest too , but heard nothing so i rang last week, guess i got lucky , got my hub just waiting for activation - €10 a month.
    Moved from Smart Telecom - had loads of problems with a slow connection , went from 10mb down to 3mb overnight - called Smart Engineer, he blamed Eircom, they reported a 'line fault' so Eircom engineer said 'ya line is grand you're getting a connection' and said speed of the line wasnt his problem.
    Hoping speed will come back when i port over to Sky's LLU BT equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SomewhereNicer

jasonb wrote: »
    I registered interest for this a couple of months ago, but never heard anything back from them (apart from them saying 'thanks for registering your interest'). Just tried ringing them on 0818719895 and was told that the trial is now over.

So do I now have to wait until they fully release it, or does someone else know of a number to ring?

Thanks...

J.
    Yeah you will have to wait until they launch the service to the wider public, which is expected to be in April.
    They stopped taking sign-ups on Friday 18th at 9pm, which is when that phone number expired. Apparently the trial was for the first 1000 customers, and also at special rates, which means that the prices will be higher when the service is launched in April.
    I also registered my interest a couple of times and never heard anything from it. So once I heard about the special discounted broadband on offer via that number, I just rang it and was sorted in 20 minutes.

Yeah you will have to wait until they launch the service to the wider public, which is expected to be in April.
    They stopped taking sign-ups on Friday 18th at 9pm, which is when that phone number expired. Apparently the trial was for the first 1000 customers, and also at special rates, which means that the prices will be higher when the service is launched in April.

Bugger...

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SomewhereNicer

Bugger...

J.
    Yup. Although we don't know what there prices will be, it's expected to be cheaper than Vodafone and Eircom, and will more than likely be bundled with Sky tv. So there should be some savings to be had still when it's launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

the trial offer is over and done with im afraid, yes you will have to wait until they fully lauch the service, it wont be for the prices of the trial customers however

hopefully it will be more attractive than other telco's currently offer here though

Yeah, I'm pretty confident that there will be savings still, and I'm already a Sky customer, it's just a bit frustrating to not get the savings now, and not to hear from them after registering my interest. I'm sure I'll still go with them once the offer is available...

J.

Oh wow that really upsets me..I heard it was launching in Feb....guess not.
    Anyone who is lucky to have sky is it just one bill you get? with tv and all.
    Maybe even €25 for tv and phone for bt exchanges would be good :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Harry Deerpark

@ AlanS181824

@ jasonb

Ring Sky and inquire about it A.S.A.P. I signed up on the 18th. Sky's broadband setup is up and running, they just haven't made official.

Here's the number: 0818 719 895

anyone know if sky bb ip is static or dynamic? ie does the ip change after u turn the router off?

I asked them and they said they only supply dynamic IP addresses. They also mentioned your IP will not always change if you turn your router off and then back on again.

@ AlanS181824

@ jasonb

Ring Sky and inquire about it A.S.A.P. I signed up on the 18th. Sky's broadband setup is up and running, they just haven't made official.

Here's the number: 0818 719 895

Sorry, but that number is now useless. When you ring it, you get a message saying the Trial is closed, and then it disconnects...

J.

• Advertisement

Sorry, but that number is now useless. When you ring it, you get a message saying the Trial is closed, and then it disconnects...

J.

Seriously? Lucky me, I got there in the nick of time then seeing as I signed up on Friday. I didn't know it was a trial, I thought they were more than happy to take calls anytime and snatch Eircom's customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Slightly off topic here. If I never turn off the router will the ip remain unchanged? Effectively giving me a fixed ip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

jca wrote: »
    Slightly off topic here. If I never turn off the router will the ip remain unchanged? Effectively giving me a fixed ip?

No as sometimes companies (vodafone have done it) reset the signal late at night.

Advertisement