Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will anyone actually miss secondary school ?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Weirdo :p

Now don't be mean HugsiePie :p

I know I'll miss it too, college looks scary.. or maybe just Trinity idk :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Now don't be mean HugsiePie :p

Awwwwww :(, why, when it's such fun :p

Nah, I promise, I'll be good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I'd probably miss the fact that it would be possible to actually get A's in secondary school whereas in college l may be struggling to pass.
    I'd miss being spoon fed by teachers as well which is definitely not the case in college.
    However I can't wait for change, responsibility, independence :rolleyes:

I guess leaving secondary school would be bittersweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭malascoile

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Weirdo :p

legend

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

I finished secondary school this year and I'm in my first year of college. I'm glad to have escaped the small town that I lived in where everyone knew everyone and their business.

I have to say that I don't miss spending hours at maths homework only trying to pass the ordinary level paper (I did!), or chanting Irish Aistes although my Dad's commentary on the whole thing was quite amusing. I only miss my friends and a couple of teachers, I miss the care free evenings I spent with friends just messing around not doing after school study, and I miss the sense of community. I don't miss wearing a uniform which consisted of a skirt, shirt and a thin jumper in winter, or not being allowed to question anything and just being told to "learn it off" by a stern voiced teacher.

So I guess there are elements of secondary school that I'll miss, and others that I'm glad to be rid of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭endacl

After a month in college, secondary school will seem like a hundred years ago. And that's just how it should be. Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I miss school from time to time, I got on really well with my year and the year below me and it was good craic. College is really so much better though. It's a nice change from the retardation of many people found secondary school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I miss school, but only because it was easier to excel in and the teachers were nice. You're a bit of a stranger in college, but I already have tutors who know me and like me. :D :P

Anyone who says the LC is easier than college is wrong. In theory it really is (being spoonfed information over a 2 year period where you know exactly what may be asked and cannot be deviated from is something taken for granted!), but the stress of knowing that failure means doing it ALL again, and having to do subjects you don't like, and knowing 2 years of information all for one final day, and the joke of a timetable...you get the picture - college is easier in some ways.

I don't not miss secondary school, but I certainly wouldn't go back, ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leahxo

I'll definitely miss some of the teachers that were beyond nice :') Plus, the friendships. I'm so used to going to school in the morning and meeting friends at the same spot in the school every day, where-as college will be totally different. Not to mention, most of my close friends seem to be going to Galway so the idea of being alone in Dublin is actually quite scary! :O Oh-well, new friendships are to be made of course!

I won't miss the drama, and the constant 'he said, she said' crap that goes on.. in my school, anyway. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Classof2013

I guess I'll miss it..but at the same time the prospects of college life seem way more fun haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I missed it for about a week, then I stopped missing it, changed my CAO to take arts off it as I no longer wanted to do teaching and now am in Actuary. :)
    Graduation goggles soon wear off.

You always miss it a little inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RachelDJack

Personally, I was never happy in secondary school and as I'm in 6th year now I can't wait to be done with it all.
    But I will miss the whole safety of it though, I know exactly what I need to do in secondary and don't really go beyond that and still get decent grades. So, the prospect of college where that just won't cut it is slightly terrifying but at the end of the day I will be glad to see that back of spending hours on subjects I hate.
    For me, it's a bit of a grey area..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

This is not true

it depends on what you study in college

Advertisement