Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Google Nexus 7 3g 32gb in Ireland

Options
  • 01-12-2012 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi I was wondering if anyone could advise where if possible in Ireland pref Dublin I could get my hands on a Google Nexus 7 32gig 3g/wifi version? If not possible in Ireland as it looks like other electronic stuff is not available from google play in Ireland - how would you get your hands on one from the UK? I thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

Pc world shops are selling 32g version fro 249e
    There is no 3g version of nexus 7.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There is a 3G version, but it's not available here. You can get it on the UK Play store, see the general Nexus threads with details on how to install a VPN, set up with Parcel Motel, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 numbskull20

There's one listed here on the Argos web site. Which is strange because I can't find one anywhere else.

There are 2 left in Galway but they look like they're out of stock everywhere else.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8140728/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780850%7CiPad+and+tablets%7C24662256.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

There's one listed here on the Argos web site. Which is strange because I can't find one anywhere else.

There are 2 left in Galway but they look like they're out of stock everywhere else.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8140728/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7Ccat_19780850%7CiPad+and+tablets%7C24662256.htm

New listing, I reckon it's less than 2 weeks old.

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=+814%2F0728

• Registered Users Posts: 30 bcoppard

I am thinking of buying a Nexus 7 32GB 3G version from John Lewis in England priced at £239.

Do you think that I will have any problems on using a Tesco micro sim in this device to use the internet when out of range of Wi Fi?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 markhumphrys

I've just reserved one in Argos, I see they have them in several stores, but only one or two left in each so they are selling fast. The whole point of buying 3G is to use a sim card in it, and if you buy one from a general store it won't be locked to a specific phone company network so I don't anticipate problems - but I'm planning to use a Three.ie broadband sim card in mine, I presume it would work with a phone sim as well but I've never tried doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭taibhse1966

Thanks Mark - I actually got a nexus 10 bought for me by my brother when he was in the US - I love it - would it give it a 10 in reviews, it is perfect :-) enjoy the 7 lots of friends have them and love them !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Hi , im considering getting the Nexus 7 from one of the Argos stores (the 1st Generation 2012 32G 3G).Was considering a Kindle Fire, but found out about the hassle about the Amazon app store not fully accessibale and didnt fancy been locked into the Apple IPAD Store.

Sorry about the stupid question here and apologies if it has been answered but how does the 3G format work on it, do you need to link it, to a specific network or can it just work off its own format/system?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sorry about the stupid question here and apologies if it has been answered but how does the 3G format work on it, do you need to link it, to a specific network or can it just work off its own format/system?

You'll need to insert a SIM same as if it was a mobile phone so you'll have to organise a data-only pay as you go or billpay deal from one of the 3G networks.

Advertisement