Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music for winter

Options
  • 01-12-2012 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

What albums do you go to when this dark cold weather hits?

The ones I name are ones I put on my ipod or stereo at home.

They just sound good in this weather, and I'm interested in hearing your albums because I might get into some new music.

KidA and Amnesiac form Radiohead.

OH Mercy and Time Out Of Mind from Bob Dylan

Electro Shock Blues from Eels.

Imagine by John Lennon

Songs From A Room by Leonard Cohen

MTV Unplugged by Nirvana

Laser Guided Melodies by Spiritualized.

There's more I could name but these are my main go to albums.

YOU??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I was unaware that the weather had an effect on people's music choices. It certainly does not, as far as I am concerned. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fever Ray, the studio record or the live one. Cocteau Twins - Victorialand, Aphex Twin (Polygon Window) - Surfing On Sine Waves, Pink Floyds Wish You Were Here.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Ha! Another winter music thread.
    Rigsby wrote: »
    I was unaware that the weather had an effect on people's music choices. It certainly does not, as far as I am concerned. :confused:
    It does to some degree with me, some music just seems to resonate better with me during the winter time. Stuff like post-rock and modern classical for example just seem to make more sense on a cold, dark wintry day rather than on a day where the sun is baking you alive.

Advertisement