Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xmas trees in IKEA

• 01-12-2012 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

Xmas trees going cheap in IKEA. 30 euro with 20 euro voucher back to spend in jan... Pretty good IMO....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

epopnomis wrote: »
    Xmas trees going cheap in IKEA. 30 euro with 20 euro voucher back to spend in jan... Pretty good IMO....

What size, real or artificial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

bmaxi wrote: »
    What size, real or artificial?

They are upto 7ft real trees.

I think you can get another 5 fiver off if you bring it back to recycle,
    "Deck your hall with a gorgeous, sustainable Nordmann Fir and see how money does grow on Christmas trees. On Saturday 1 and Saturday 8 December we will have Christmas Trees for sale at IKEA Dublin. Pick up a real tree for just €30 and take home a €20 coupon to spend after Christmas. We will also provide a tree recycling service for your tree 6 to 13 January."

Trees for sale 1 & 8 Dec 2012 or while stocks last. Height and width of trees can vary. Coupon valid 6 Jan - 3 Feb 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kenobiwan

anyone know if there are many left up there?usually all these are gone by lunch time......and my lads match is finished til 1-"take him off coacH"!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

epopnomis wrote: »

They shed like fcuk too.:pac:

I just got a 14 foot tall Noble Fir tree for 75 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

Picked up one of these 7 foot tree's today around 2 o clock, they had loads there and there was lots of people buying, you have to pay upstairs, they also had stands there for 19.99, we just bought the tree, great looking tree, very pleased with my bargain :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Picked up one this morning, plenty left. Our first real tree in years. Are you supposed to leave them in a bucket of water for a bit before sticking them in the stand to stop them sheding?

pissed wrote: »
    Picked up one this morning, plenty left. Our first real tree in years. Are you supposed to leave them in a bucket of water for a bit before sticking them in the stand to stop them sheding?

Tepid sugar water

Idealy you should place the tree in a water stand and feed the tree with around 1 litre of watwer every 3-4 days.

Is the tree a Spruce tree or a Noble Fir???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

paddy147 wrote: »
    Tepid sugar water

Idealy you should place the tree in a water stand and feed the tree with around 1 litre of watwer every 3-4 days.

Is the tree a Spruce tree or a Noble Fir???

It's a Spruce. My stand just clamps the tree in place with no reservoir for the water. Maybe I could place a container under it and it should do the same job.

It's a Spruce. My stand just clamps the tree in place with no reservoir for the water. Maybe I could place a container under it and it should do the same job.

Bowl of water under the tree and keep the tree away from a radiator...if you can.

Also spray the tree each day or 2 with a mist of tepid water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

They are upto 7ft real trees.

I think you can get another 5 fiver off if you bring it back to recycle,
    "Deck your hall with a gorgeous, sustainable Nordmann Fir and see how money does grow on Christmas trees. On Saturday 1 and Saturday 8 December we will have Christmas Trees for sale at IKEA Dublin. Pick up a real tree for just €30 and take home a €20 coupon to spend after Christmas. We will also provide a tree recycling service for your tree 6 to 13 January."

Trees for sale 1 & 8 Dec 2012 or while stocks last. Height and width of trees can vary. Coupon valid 6 Jan - 3 Feb 2013.

Is the offer on between 1 and 8 December or just on those days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Also spray the tree each day or 2 with a mist of tepid water.
    Making sure the lights are unplugged first, yeah? :p

Where did you get that water stand, Paddy?

Making sure the lights are unplugged first, yeah? :p

Where did you get that water stand, Paddy?

If the lights are indoor/outdoor and IP rated,then you dont need to worry about unplugging them.:D

Lidl...last year.

15 euro each so I bought 2 of them (1 for indoor tree and 1 for outdoor tree).

50 euro each in Homebase at the moment.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Anyone have a photo of the trees that they got from IKEA? Might get one next weekend.

andreac wrote: »
    Anyone have a photo of the trees that they got from IKEA? Might get one next weekend.

Ive a 14 foot tall real Noble Fir,but it didnt come from Ikea.:D

I think the trees from Ikea are all Spruce trees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Should I put this in the Rip off Ireland forum ?

Over here in NL its 1 euro:

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikea.com%2Fms%2Fnl_NL%2Fcampaigns%2Fkerstboom.html

20 euro and a 19 euro voucher with the 1 euro donated to Charity.

Think I might take a look :pac::pac::pac:

Was it all wrapped up?
    Would it fit in a Mondeo, hatch back you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

Was it all wrapped up?
    Would it fit in a Mondeo, hatch back you reckon?

Most of the trees are wrapped up, but you just pick one that is tall enough for your needs and they will unwrap it to let you see it.

Then they wrap it up again. The stands are excellent too.

Should easily fit in a Mondeo.

Are these the spruce trees that shed their needles like fcuk??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

We went to look at trees in M50 Christmas shop the other day - we were looking at prelit trees, but the guy was telling us about his real ones. He said pretty much all of the real trees are cut at the same time, but if you put it up too early, then it'll shed loads. He said if you buy one now, keep it in the back garden & only put it up in a week or two, after putting it in water overnight.

Oral Slang wrote: »
    We went to look at trees in M50 Christmas shop the other day - we were looking at prelit trees, but the guy was telling us about his real ones. He said pretty much all of the real trees are cut at the same time, but if you put it up too early, then it'll shed loads. He said if you buy one now, keep it in the back garden & only put it up in a week or two, after putting it in water overnight.

Rubbish.......3 years running we have had the indoor and outdoor trees up on the 1st December and they have been perfect even at 6th January (womens christmass).

Noble Firs are brilliant trees for staying fresh for weeks up wweeks upon weeks.

All you need is some water and some sugar or an asprin tablet,and a water pot stand and feed the tree every few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Three years running we have had the indoor and outdoor trees up on the 1st December and they have been perfect even at 6th January (womens christmass).

Noble Firs are brilliant trees for staying fresh for weeks up wweeks upon week

Fab! Thirty euro tree + twenty euro back in 2013 - a tree for a tenner - seriously - that has just made Christmas : ) thanks a million!

Can buy a few of their fab orchids with the voucher in Jan - gift or keep: winwin! Yipee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Rubbish.......3 years running we have had the indoor and outdoor trees up on the 1st December and they have been perfect even at 6th January (womens christmass).

Noble Firs are brilliant trees for staying fresh for weeks up wweeks upon weeks.

All you need is some water and some sugar or an asprin tablet,and a water pot stand and feed the tree every few days.
    Paddy, I thought you'd have planted a for tree at this stage. Save you putting up an outdoor tree.

ted1 wrote: »
    Paddy, I thought you'd have planted a for tree at this stage. Save you putting up an outdoor tree.

5 foot tall Potted Noble Fir is allready planted outdoors a week now.

14 foot tall Noble Fir was just installed the other day into a large stand,and is in front garden.

7.5 foot tall Noble Fir in the sitting room.

Simples.:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Are these trees any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Loads of these still available, very nice looking trees and a bargain when you factor in the €20 voucher!!

Loads of these still available, very nice looking trees and a bargain when you factor in the €20 voucher!!

and another 1000 coming in on Saturday!

This post has been deleted.

Didnt see them this year.

You can buy one in Homebase for 50 euro though.:eek::eek:

godtabh wrote: »
    Are these trees any good?

All the Ikea trees,and nobody has posted a single pic of them.:pac::confused:

Are they spruce trees or noble fir trees??????

• Advertisement

All the Ikea trees,and nobody has posted a single pic of them.:pac::confused:

Are they spruce trees or noble fir trees??????

You have to put them together yourself! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I'd love to see a pic of the ikea ones, it'll make up my mind if i'm making the toll laden journey on saturday or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

I dont have a pic but well worth it. Nicest tree I have ever had! Do it!!! Its worth the toll!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I thought they were only available on Saturday? Can you buy them on other days too?

sinead81 wrote: »
    I dont have a pic but well worth it. Nicest tree I have ever had! Do it!!! Its worth the toll!!

Well are the Ikea trees non shed Noble Fir or are they Spruce trees???????

Well are the Ikea trees non shed Noble Fir or are they Spruce trees???????

Got this one on Saturday. I've been watering it through their cool stand and not a needle on the floor yet.

The picture doesn't do it justice actually, is really green, and not silvery looking as in photo.

20121202_131842.jpg

• Advertisement

Spruce Tree then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

I see at least three needles , and no decorations......

moonshadow wrote: »
    I see at least three needles , and no decorations......

Lol...some were bound to fall off while putting it in the stand.
    Here's the after pic.
    20121205_202818.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Tusky wrote: »
    I thought they were only available on Saturday? Can you buy them on other days too?

yup bought one today, looks like they are on sale till they are gone

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tomomurray1

yup bought one today, looks like they are on sale till they are gone

Just to confirm they have trees for sale now?? Do they have many left?

• Advertisement

Can't make it Saturday :( but promised the kids I'd get a real tree this year, of anyone out there kind enough to pick one up for me I'd very much appreciate it??

:)

Can't make it Saturday :( but promised the kids I'd get a real tree this year, of anyone out there kind enough to pick one up for me I'd very much appreciate it??

:)

Where are you located?

rx8 wrote: »
    Lol...some were bound to fall off while putting it in the stand.
    Here's the after pic.
    20121205_202818.jpg

These (spruce) shed their needles very easily and quite fast too,compared to Noble Firs.

You need to water it and mist the tree each day,to try to keep it in good condition,also try not to have the radiator on beside the tree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

Best man to buy a tree off.

They have 100's left and are getting another 1000 in this Saturday
    You can buy them any day

Where are you located?

Cabra

The trees in Ikea are tiny..6 foot tall was the max height,when I was there today.

Most of them are around 5.5 feet tall.

Still 30 euro is a good deal.

Picked up a nice 7.5 foot tall Noble Fir from a fruit and veg shop in Santry for 40 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

just back from IKea myself, yes they are small but I was only looking for a cheap one & they look great, not too many left when I was there, about 20/30 i'd say...

Tree is 30 and you get 20 back in January, the stand is 20 but is a great piece of kit...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Has anyone seen any 10 foot trees anywhere? Got one in Ikea car park last year not sure if they are there this year or just the ones with vouvher

jameshayes wrote: »
    just back from IKea myself, yes they are small but I was only looking for a cheap one & they look great, not too many left when I was there, about 20/30 i'd say...

Tree is 30 and you get 20 back in January, the stand is 20 but is a great piece of kit...

Heres the Lidl water stand...15 euro.

• Advertisement
Advertisement