Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xmas trees in IKEA

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

pc7 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any 10 foot trees anywhere? Got one in Ikea car park last year not sure if they are there this year or just the ones with vouvher

Milltown and Santry.

I got a 14 foot Noble Fir.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Thanks for that, where was it in Santry I'll head there for one, can't wait to get it :D

pc7 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, where was it in Santry I'll head there for one, can't wait to get it :D

Barrys Fruit and Veg shop has some nice Noble Fir trees each Christmass and at good prices.

He has a large truck load outside the shop and had a good few 9 and 10 footers in at the weekend.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Brilliant thanks ill head there Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jendafer1

Anyone know if they have any left? Might try head up this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Was there around 3pm yesterday and there were plenty left although the place was busy, so stock could be down from then. Also, as mentioned above, they all looked pretty small....max was around 6'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Plenty left around 12 today. Not busy. Not sure of prices. Still selling, but more apartment sized (if you know what I mean)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Got ours today, nice and wide, and just over 6ft. A few hundred left, most went yesterday, should be some left tomorrow, but choice is less.
    Our one still had snow on it!
    They sold out of stands though
    Big thanks to the staff who were very helpful and also got a nice cookie and hot chocolate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Was there today. Nice trees but no Christmas tree smell at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

I picked mine up last Saturday (8th) & left it in a bucket of water for the last week as we were only putting it up yesterday.

Came down this morning to see about 10/12 decorations on the ground & noticed most of the branches are looking sad & drooping - I reckon I'll have a bigger collection of decorations every morning from now to Xmas.

Not such a great bargain as I reckon I'll have to buy another in the next week (I have never had to get get a 2nd tree before).

Anyone else having a problem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Would this fit in a fiesta car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭sinead81

Little A wrote: »
    I picked mine up last Saturday (8th) & left it in a bucket of water for the last week as we were only putting it up yesterday.

Came down this morning to see about 10/12 decorations on the ground & noticed most of the branches are looking sad & drooping - I reckon I'll have a bigger collection of decorations every morning from now to Xmas.

Not such a great bargain as I reckon I'll have to buy another in the next week (I have never had to get get a 2nd tree before).

Anyone else having a problem ?

Hi, I bought mine on the 1st December and its still looking healthy here in front of me. A tiny bit of shedding but nothing out of the normal and a quick bit of hovering doesn't solve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,741 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No trees left, but they have slashed the prices of all decorations and lights. I got a nice outdoor light set shaped like a Christmas tree for 10 down from 21. The decorations are down to 10-50c from a couple of euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ferretcrazy

We took our tree down yesterday because it looked so bad, it looked like somthing out of a horror film, went completely brown and i'd say 60 percent of the neddles fell off, even do we bought the stand they where selling so we made sure it was topped up with water every day, its the first real tree we had in 15 years and its probably the last, a real waste of money but at least when you take of the 20 euro voucher the tree only cost 10 euro so not a big loss, put up the artificial one:rolleyes: Roll on christmas:D

I did previously say that spruce trees are not as good as Noble Firs.I did say that these will shed/die off faster than a Noble Fir.

Most fruit and veg shops are selling lovely 7-8 foot tall Noble Firs for 40-45 euro at the moment..and even trees up to 14 foot tall,,,and I can vouch for the 8 footers and 14 footers too (bought 1 of each size),they are lovely indeed.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

We took our tree down yesterday because it looked so bad, it looked like somthing out of a horror film, went completely brown and i'd say 60 percent of the neddles fell off,

I reckon mine will be like that in a few days - I hate putting up the Xmas tree so the idea of havin to take one down & put another up on the one day is frightening!!!! Lesson learnt - stick with my local F&V guy in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

I dunno about you guys' experience of these trees. We bought ours on the 1st December and its going fine. A tiny amount of drooping, but very green, nearly fake looking.

My dad told me to saw an inch off the bottom to open up the tubes of the trunk so the tree could drink. Seems to be working so far. I think this is the trick to these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

sarkozy wrote: »
    I dunno about you guys' experience of these trees. We bought ours on the 1st December and its going fine. A tiny amount of drooping, but very green, nearly fake looking.

My dad told me to saw an inch off the bottom to open up the tubes of the trunk so the tree could drink. Seems to be working so far. I think this is the trick to these things.

Bought mine on the 6th. Haven't fdd it any water at all and still looking great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zerks wrote: »

Ah well...still the same old ripp off republic...sure what else would you expect.

• Advertisement
Advertisement