Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advent Calendars!

Options
  • 01-12-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Woo Hoo!! Time to open up that first door. :D

Which one do you have?

Mine is Lindt, will be testing the first choc later on. ;)
    Will be giving marks out of 10 if you'd like to do the same with yours :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

OH MY GOD, ADVENT CALENDAR DAY!!! :D:D

Mine is the Cadburys one, can't wait to open it later!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm going to go pick up a Cadbury's one this morning..

For the child of course :p :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I love Advent Calenders...especially when they are for FREE and filled with chocolates.........

Thanks Lidl.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just realised it's December 1st and I don't have an Advent calendar. I am so stopping into the shop on my way home from work and picking one up!

Thanks for the reminder OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got this one from Hotel Chocolat.

The-Dark-Advent-Calendar-IMG300307.jpg

It's my husband's turn to eat the chocolate today though so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Lindt do them!? :eek: Must get me one of those!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I got this one from Hotel Chocolat.

The-Dark-Advent-Calendar-IMG300307.jpg

It's my husband's turn to eat the chocolate today though so I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Rookie mistake - always buy one each! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I just got the normal Cadburys one. Got it half price because I didn't buy it until yesterday. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I have a Lidl one, but no door is open on it yet. Far to ill to contemplate Chocolate (or food) yesterday so I have two doors for today. Still a bit queasy so going to hold off til tea time, see if I keep food down first :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I was going to bed around 2am last night, and decided I could open the second door, seeing as it was after midnight.

Regretted it big time this morning. :(

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We have a Where's Wally? one. Finding Wally et al isn't the problem, it's finding the numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I got two for my twins this will be there first Christmas :D,wife gets to eat from one and me from the other,i also have one for the pet cat we take turns eating from that one:p
    have to say aldis chocolate in the advent calendars is nice tastes like easter egg chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭flutegirl

Lindt do them!? :eek: Must get me one of those!

Best advent calendar I've had. 10/10 for the chocolate, decent size and nice! ;)
    beertons wrote: »
    We have a Where's Wally? one. Finding Wally et al isn't the problem, it's finding the numbers!

In my desperation to eat the choc it tok me ages to find the door! Once you start to open them there's always one you can't find, usually around day 13! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 strawberrytart

Hi all,

I was hoping to make a homemade advent calendar with little treats in it for the hubby.......my child at xmas! I know i'm a little late but better than nothing. Would be grateful for any ideas on the advent calendar or ideas on the treats :)

Thanks!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

A few years ago I made a really simple one - got 24 matchboxes and glued them together in a stack, put paper around them and decorated it. Then you can put numbers on each one and a treat inside each drawer. The hardest bit is finding 24 empty matchboxes that are the same size!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Merged homemade advent calendar thread to advent calendar thread.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Hi all,

I was hoping to make a homemade advent calendar with little treats in it for the hubby.......my child at xmas! I know i'm a little late but better than nothing. Would be grateful for any ideas on the advent calendar or ideas on the treats :)

Thanks!

A couple of years ago, my aunt did a scavenger hunt type thing with the advent calendar. The kids would open the door to get find a piece of paper with a clue. The clue hinted where the next clue was. The 3rd clue led to the treat :D

She said it was a lot of work though - she had to get up early every morning to hide the treats before the kids (all early risers) got up themselves. Sounds like an epic Christmas calendar though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bella10

My Mam bought me a Marks & Spencer's Percy Pig advent calender, didn't want to seem ungrateful and showed appreciation for it...secretely devastasted with the pink raspberry flavoured chocolate pieces instead of my usual delish Cadbury's milk chocolate calender..first world problems, I know..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

My kids got a play doh one :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

ollie1 wrote: »
    I so want this :(

[YOUTUBE.]6AwhZzPIGX0[/YOUTUBE]

Ashens is doing these once a day on his extra channel here. It looks pretty awful for the most part, lots of tiny useless ships :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

This is mine :) my mam gave it to me, there used to be a snowflake on the end to put in the days, but it had fallen off, so I improvised and put a tiny bauble on the string and that's what I'm using :) my favourite advent calendar ever was a black board one I had, got to write the days on it every day, and I used to draw what I was getting for Christmas :D

Advertisement