Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wi-Fi Connection Drops iPhone 4S

• 01-12-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi ,
    I've a new enough 4S, every time I use wifi no matter where I am home work or college the wifi times or drops out. I then have to go back to settings and into wifi where it suddenly remembers its actually connected and will appear back connected without even pressing anything

Any way to sort this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Forget the connection and then add it again by tapping other instead of the network name. Enter it exactly as it is and then set the security and enter the pass key. It should stay connected then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

guil wrote: »
    Forget the connection and then add it again by tapping other instead of the network name. Enter it exactly as it is and then set the security and enter the pass key. It should stay connected then
    Working well at the moment thanks
    Weird that it happens though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

What type of wifi is it? WEP or WPA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

Arciphel wrote: »
    What type of wifi is it? WEP or WPA?
    It's WPA. Although I think I set it to WEP when entering the security info in the other network settings there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

My 4 worked fine for months and months on end with no change to the strings of the router or iOS. One day it stopped connecting automatically and sometimes wouldn't reconnect and since doing it the other way I haven't had a problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement