Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinking of buying second hand IPhone 3

• 01-12-2012 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭

Have a friend who has the new IPhone and is selling the IPhone 3 with a cracked screen. At the moment I have an old HTC Desire, that I am not happy with, what shall I offer him or should I not bother.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Will it obviously depends if your friend sells it cheap... I got a cracked Iphone 3 2 years ago from my bro for free. bought a new screen for €20 on ebay and then went to phone hospital who charged another €20... I thought it was well worth it:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is it a 3G or a 3GS?
    8, 16 or 32 gb?
    General condition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

iPhone 3 is soooooooo old at this stage and so obsolete I wouldn't pay a 1¢ for it. Even more so for one with a broken screen.

I have one my two year old uses and find it a chore to use and find apps that work on it as Apple stopped updating it at iOS 4.X

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

mad muffin wrote: »
    iPhone 3 is soooooooo old at this stage and so obsolete I wouldn't pay a 1¢ for it. Even more so for one with a broken screen.

I have one my two year old uses and find it a chore to use and find apps that work on it as Apple stopped updating it at iOS 4.X
    If yer into image it may be old but it still does the job. You can upgrade the 3GS to 6.01 iOS which I got done to get all the latest apps for a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

patmac wrote: »
    Have a friend who has the new IPhone and is selling the IPhone 3 with a cracked screen. At the moment I have an old HTC Desire, that I am not happy with, what shall I offer him or should I not bother.

If its a 3GS, they are fetching about 150 if in perfect condition. The screen / digitiser replacement will run you about 20 quid on eBay. It's an easy enough DIY switch, far moreso that the 4/4S replacement. In relation to price, if it's a friend, I'd be surprised if he was going to take more than €100 from you.

If its a 3(not GS), don't bother. Dog slow and unsupported.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

dodzy wrote: »

If its a 3(not GS), don't bother. Dog slow and unsupported.

Hopefully its a 3GS as iphone 3 is dog slow...like..unusable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

lotusm wrote: »
    If yer into image it may be old but it still does the job. You can upgrade the 3GS to 6.01 iOS which I got done to get all the latest apps for a tenner.
    Why would you pay to get a free iOS update?

lotusm wrote: »

WTF :eek:

You paid for a free update????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Thanks for the replies it is a 3GS 8gb. Would it be difficult to switch this to Emobile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Hopefully its a 3GS as iphone 3 is dog slow...like..unusable...

Wrong. I just passed my 3G to my son after upgrading to my new 5. It works fast and well on iOS 3.1.3 and has loads of apps that still work fine.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies it is a 3GS 8gb. Would it be difficult to switch this to Emobile?

Get your friend to request the unlock from their network. its free of charge and only they can ever request it.

Advertisement