Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for Greystones removalists

Options
  • 01-12-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi, We are moving house - yay!

I need recommendations for a good, local removalist - does anybody know of any companies?

thanks, D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Hanley's in NewtownMountKennedy
    http://www.djhanleys.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dudmis

thanks PbJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Hanley's in NewtownMountKennedy
    http://www.djhanleys.ie/

Don't go near them. Quoted me a price for removal and storage and then demanded more money to get stuff back. Blocked driveway until I paid.

Thanks for the comment - will bear that in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

I used Alpine years ago, not sure if they are still in the business

Bray Removals Bray, County WicklowG A Stevens & Son Limited Bray, County WicklowMaguire Moving & Storage Bray, County WicklowSteve Gordan Bray, County WicklowAlpine Removals & Storage Enniskerry, County WicklowAk Movers Newtownmountkennedy, County WicklowAk Movers & Shipping Newtownmountkennedy, County WicklowD.j. Hanley Newtownmountkennedy, County WicklowAce Removals Rathdrum, County WicklowAdrian Removals & Companyuriers Wicklow, County WicklowBrighter Removals Wicklow, County WicklowD.j. Hanley Wicklow, County WicklowMaguire Moving & Storage Wicklow, County Wicklow

• Advertisement

thanks. i have had a couple out and cant get over the price! 600+ for a 4 bed house. my furniture barely cost that :D

The least a man would charge for a day's labour would be 150 euro, so think about it with that in mind. 2 men, a truck, fuel, wear and tear, taxes, prsi and insurance. And the company has to make some profit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

dudmis wrote: »
    thanks. i have had a couple out and cant get over the price! 600+ for a 4 bed house. my furniture barely cost that :D

I suppose it also depends on how far you are moving and if there is an element of storage included. If it is a simple move then it sounds expensive to me unless you house is stuffed with large items.

The least a man would charge for a day's labour would be 150 euro, so think about it with that in mind. 2 men, a truck, fuel, wear and tear, taxes, prsi and insurance. And the company has to make some profit too.

11 per hour per man = 2 x 3 hours = 66 euro
    50c per mile = 20 miles x 50c = 10 Euro
    Wear and Tear = thats an odd thing to put on a bill
    Taxes and PRSI = comes out of wages
    Insurance = Cover by home contents insurance

I can guess who quoted 600 euro... some companies dont deserve to be in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Don't go near them. Quoted me a price for removal and storage and then demanded more money to get stuff back. Blocked driveway until I paid.

+ 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

We used Two men and a truck. Faultless service really and they were very quick loading and offloading.

I can guess who quoted 600 euro... some companies dont deserve to be in business.

Your figures are far too simplistic and unreal
    Do you know anyone who could do the job for what you list.
    Maybe to OP will let us know at a later stage how much he got job done for.

Your figures are far too simplistic and unreal
    Do you know anyone who could do the job for what you list.
    Maybe to OP will let us know at a later stage how much he got job done for.

I guess that answers how some businesses still operate.. always someone willing to pay over the odds.

OP hope you find value for money and have a great move.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

we moved recently - 4-bed house, by no means huge amount of furniture, but a fair bit.

5 guys, took them 6 hours just to pack up & load the trucks. You're greatly underestimating the amount of work - if you only have enough stuff that 2 men can move it in 3 hours, you'd be better off hiring a van and doing it yourself.

thanks all for your input. I got 3 quotes and the 600 one was by far the cheapest! Maybe I've under estimated the amount of stuff I have and I suppose once you take VAT out of the question, it doesn't amount to alot of cash between 3 or 4 guys.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement