Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Southampton 3 pm (no UK tv)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Somebody show Sterling all his shots, and final passes and tell him that's why he is not getting 50 k a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sterling will learn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

3 points. Awwww yyeeeaaahhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Back to back home wins ! It has been awhile .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

A win ! Yay ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Sign of champions, winning well when not at our best. Our year.

We're ****ed vs West Ham by the by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Enrique looks possessed the last few games. Motm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

mike65 wrote: »
    Sterling will learn.
    Learn nothing he did everything well but like alot of the team they've not enough conviction in the final ball. We should have been out if sight in this game but hey at least we won!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Somebody show Sterling all his shots, and final passes and tell him that's why he is not getting 50 k a week.
    don't believe everything u read

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

how the hell did shelvey stay on the pitch for 90 mins in that match...awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fucvk me,

1-0 great first half, poor second half

Shelvey pish, Lucas rusty but came off apparently without bother to a standing ovation,
    Luis was stupid for the card, Enrique was good again as was Johnson.

Message is don't play Shelvey and Gerrard together but we already knew that. Oh and buy a striker (but we knew that too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Good in parts but dreadful in others.

I'm starting to lose faith in Rodgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Vital 3 points for Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Much needed win

Going by reaction here it wasn't as good as some of the performances where we ended with draws - who cares though 3 points was really needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Big 3 pts, Lucas back which is a huge bonus. But yeah next game we a fecked for a striker :( ...0-0 hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Gbear wrote: »
    What the fack?!

We dominated the game, we had 69% possession, we had 11 shots on target and numerous other chances. If we didn't win the game, then fair enough, but the fact is that we did win.

The scoreline is disappointing alright, but overall, we did all the right things today. Thought Allen was back to his best again today and was generally pleased with Lucas' contribution. Enrique was a beast getting forward again and Shelvey was nowhere near as bad as folks have made him out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

2 points behind Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

skydish79 wrote: »
    Much needed win
    Going by reaction here it wasn't as good as some of the performances where we ended with draws - who cares though 3 points was really needed

I think the majority of us feel abit let down with the fact that it was only a 1 - 0 win when it should have been 3 or 4 .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

I think the majority of us feel abit let down with the fact that it was only a 1 - 0 win when it should have been 3 or 4 .

To be honest I will take 3 points every time. We need to learn to grind out victories like this. Very important to win games when not playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Gbear wrote: »
    Good in parts but dreadful in others.

Ah here. We are just after winning. Cant people be happy for at least a day?

Sure we are far from perfect, but we could of been 3 or 4-0 up in that game.

15 league games played, we have just got back Lucas. Its far to early to lose faith.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What the fack?!

We dominated the game, we had 69% possession, we had 11 shots on target and numerous other chances. If we didn't win the game, then fair enough, but the fact is that we did win.

The scoreline is disappointing alright, but overall, we did all the right things today. Thought Allen was back to his best again today and was generally pleased with Lucas' contribution. Enrique was a beast getting forward again and Shelvey was nowhere near as bad as folks have made him out to be.

Southampton are utter ****.

I thought his game management was awful again.
    There were good bits and bobs but there was an awful amount of ****e mixed in to it.

Shelvey was utterly appalling. One of the worst performances I've seen by one of our players all season. It'd put most of Downing's performances in a good light. He did a few things right but he showed such a lack of basic competency at times that I'm worried about whether he's up to playing in this league at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I thought Liverpool played pretty well. First half they were all over Southampton, much the better team. Second half was a bit tighter but still the better side, think the scoreline is the problem most people have, if we had of won 2 or 3 nil today with the exact same performance people would have been delighted. Slightly worrying thing for me was the lack of clear cut chances we created today, but think that is largely down to the inexperience of Shelvey and Sterling.

Enrique & Johnson were great today, got forward really well and caused problems for Southampton throughout - along with Suarez probably our two most dangerous players today I would have said. The team looks a lot better with Lucas in it, saw improved performances from Gerrard and Allen due to him returning today, personally I'm happy with that, think most people should be realistically.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

2 points behind Arsenal.

Not much use to us when Arsenal are in 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Rodgers on LFCTV

Rodgers devoted win to Phil Taylor and Stevie Parker

The game we were terrific just missing the final ball

Really enjoyed watching us

Played terrific in 1st half especially speed of the game

Overall well deserving game should have been out of sight

Advertisement