Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aluminium or steel roasting tray/oven tray? and where to get one?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Best to get a fairly heavy one. The light ones tend to warp in the oven. It's also very handy if it can go on the hob, too.
    I find TKMaxx is great for stuff like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Get a steal one, but not one that's coated like those, one that actually just a steal pan would be a lot better as the coating on those yolks will eventually start coming off and make them pretty much useless.

Something like these from Argos or M&S, but as above, heavy is better as it won't warp as easily and you will be able to use the hob to deglaze it without worrying about ruining it. If it feels flexy and light, just skip it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

A good kitchen shop like Stock next to Stephen's Green would do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 James.M

Best to get a fairly heavy one. The light ones tend to warp in the oven. It's also very handy if it can go on the hob, too.
    I find TKMaxx is great for stuff like this.

Thanks! ill check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 12 James.M

Seaneh wrote: »
    Get a steal one, but not one that's coated like those, one that actually just a steal pan would be a lot better as the coating on those yolks will eventually start coming off and make them pretty much useless.

Something like these from Argos or M&S, but as above, heavy is better as it won't warp as easily and you will be able to use the hob to deglaze it without worrying about ruining it. If it feels flexy and light, just skip it.

Thanks for replying. yeah that makes sense although €20 for a roasting tray is a bit out of my (student) budget but i suppose they would last longer. ill see if i can find one for less 20. Thanks again!
    Mrs Fox wrote: »
    A good kitchen shop like Stock next to Stephen's Green would do them.

Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement