Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Narrowed computer options down, opinions please

Options
  • 01-12-2012 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Narrowed it down to 4 options need a computer for the game Spore and for playing other online and offline games, so opinions needed.

Packard Bell €699
    Amd dual core 4GB RAM.
    AMD 63000 Radeon HD Graphics
    500 GB Hard Drive.
    DVD Burner CD Burner
    Mouse&keyboard.
    MS Windows Version 7 Home.
    Premium 64 Bit
    1/100 LAN Card
    21 or 27 inch flat colour wide screen.
    Includes office starter 2010 MS Word Wordprocessor& microsoft Excel Spreadsheet.

Or

Toshiba €799
    Intel pentium B950 4GB Ram
    1TB Hard Drive.
    Touchscreen - Bluetooth
    DVD Burner, CD Burner
    Mouse&keyboard
    Wireless - speakers-TV Tuner
    MS Windows version 7
    WWeb Camera -piano black
    Wide screen
    MS Word Processor&microsoft Excel Spreadsheet 2010.

Or Have one built the tower alone we were told would be around the €799 mark not even including the monitor.

I know you get what you pay for but really can't afford to spend that and then have to buy a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc. on top of it.

Or would it be better value buying one from here? http://lb.hardwareversand.de/home.jsp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

youd get much better value on HWVS.

go over to the PC B&U forum, link in my sig, and they'll help you out. fill out the questionnaire (also in sig) to narrow down what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Problem is I haven't a clue about what half the stuff I typed means so find filling out that form difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

we can talk you through it. start a thread there anyway and answer any questions you do know.

Advertisement