Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a good-but reasonably priced-everyday mascara

• 01-12-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Would love any recommendations !

Have been using essence and 17 mascaras but they are terrible !

I need something that i can wear everyday -something not too dramatic and reasonably priced (below 20 euro :) )

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Would love any recommendations !

Have been using essence and 17 mascaras but they are terrible !

I need something that i can wear everyday -something not too dramatic and reasonably priced (below 20 euro :) )

Thanks in advance

Max Factor 2000 calorie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Maybelline Colossal or Falsies or Volume Express (depending on what you are going for) are all really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jenniferalan

I use Benefit BadGal lash it's a bit over 20e tho. If you're looking for a budget buy Maybelline Great Lash has very good volume and also good for sensitive eyes think it's around 8e
    http://www.google.com/search?q=maybelline+mascara&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rlu7UP7rBYa1hAfkuoG4Ag&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=356#p=0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I discovered this little beauty recently, I think it's brilliant and dirt cheap!

70689.png

http://www.catrice.eu/products/eyes/mascara/detail/product/the-giant-extreme-volume-mascara.html

I can't think off the top of my head how much it costs but around a fiver anyway. I just find the shape of the brush brilliant, really gets into the corner lashes.

You can buy this range in Penneys and in lots of different pharmacies around the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Herbalist

nyx doll eyes you can get it on www.millies.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Essence I love Extreme Volume Mascara is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I find the maybelline one good - it's a yellow tube - I think its a volumising one.

At the moment I'm using a no.7 one which is also very good :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

I got this recently by L'Oreal, love it. 122a6cbf0d0600a22f883b11df909088.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Glowla

I use Benefit "They're Real" for going out which I think is brilliant but you'll pay around €25 I think.

I went looking for a cheaper, everyday mascara last week and came across Natural Collection "Lashlength" and no joke its every bit as good, if not better than more high end mascaras I've had. I'd really recommend it and it was only €3.99 if I remember correctly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

max factor false lash effect. i have tried others but always end up going back to this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I agree with Glowla above, Natural Collection mascaras from Boots are excellent.

I've used Lancome's Hypnose and I've found that the Natural Collection mascara in "Lashbuild" to be just as good. It doesn't flake, or smudge and I have very oily eyelids and it stays put all day. It's fairly buildable but you might have to take off some of the excess mascara at the start. It's also easy enough to remove. Boots often have 3 for the price of two on their products so you can try 3 great mascaras for under a €10.

A tip I've seen elsewhere is to use a brush that you like from a high-end mascara to apply a cheap mascara with similar results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

I've also used 17 mascaras and found them crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I find Rimmel Sexy Curves great. It's under a tenner as far as I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I don't think I've ever tried a Loreal mascara I didn't like, and they all tend to be between the 14 and 18 quid mark. Have been using Volume Millions Extra Black since it came out and I'll be absolutely gutted if they ever discontinue it!

L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition is an excellent mascara, doesn't clump and isn't too voluminous or dramatic for daytime.

It gives really good length and separation and I've always gone back to it, although I do love my high end products.:) Its around €15 iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭TextureLikeSun

Thanks everyone lots of great tips there much appreciated ! I was in pennys a few days ago and picked up Essence mascara (Lash Mania) -its brill and imo a dupe for Dior show mascara -the packaging is actually very similar !
    Essence-Lash-Mania-Mascara-995195001.jpg

4010380102.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

A firm recommendation against Maybelline The Rocket Volume Express: http://albinwonderland.tumblr.com/post/39104061463/im-really-mad-so-lemme-just-put-this-psa-out-into

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I know you said that you thought essence mascaras were terrible but have you tried the Pink multi action one?

I love that one, it's fab and I used to use YSL faux cils and I think this gives the same effect, I've converted loads of my friends to it too, it's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭TextureLikeSun

Tayla wrote: »
    I know you said that you thought essence mascaras were terrible but have you tried the Pink multi action one?

I love that one, it's fab and I used to use YSL faux cils and I think this gives the same effect, I've converted loads of my friends to it too, it's brilliant.

no but i will try it ! i mean they are so cheap what have i got to lose
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I got the Essence Get Big Lashes mascara. I like the brush,it reminds me of Benefit Bad Gal. However the formula is quite dry... it doesn't really do anything for me.

Picked up Collection 2000, I forget the name but I think it's the latest one in a red/orange tube. It's very good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I picked up 17's Peep Show mascara a while ago, I'm pretty happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MiseryMary

Max Factor false lash effect or Rimmel scandal eyes extreme black mascara .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Well, I finally found a L'Oreal mascara I don't like - Volume Millions Excess. It gives great length but not much volume, which is a bit useless for me seeing as my eyelashes touch my eyebrows anyway.

Will be going back to the Volume Millions Extra Black as soon as it's finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭MFlack2012

Monife wrote: »
    I find Rimmel Sexy Curves great. It's under a tenner as far as I can remember.

This is my everyday and night out mascara. It's fantastic! Been using it for years, Great curves and I've never needed an eyelash curler! :D Boots usually do good deals on this (Make sure you check the colour- as they do a curve and straight brush! same colour tube etc so you have to check) right now you can get it for €7.65

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Infallable

I use Benefit They're Real. It's a fab mascara! I went on a skiing holiday at Xmas , and my eyes were crying For ages because of the wind and the mascara didn't budge! Highly recommend it .. I think I pay around €24 for it in BT's in limerick.. Pricy but totally worth it!! If your anything like me and end up sobbing watching home and away it's perfect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Love L'Oreal Million Lashes, gives great length and volume also love Lancome Hypnose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

I got the Avon extreme (the one in yellow tube)..I think its amazing. It reminds me of the benefit they're real but its €13 if I remember rightly.

Advertisement