Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHL?!

Options
  • 01-12-2012 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Ordered a dash cam just over a week ago. Checked my emails last night and it said the package is in Shannon due to insufficient information on my address. There was a phone number and a tracking number in the email. Tried to ring the number, isn't available. Went onto their site and found another number for customer care... also didn't work!

So basically, can someone please tell me how I can get in contact with them to sort this all out? It's wrecking my head now tbh.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Lawless2k12

Jarren wrote: »

Thanks for that. Will have to wait until monday to ring as they are closed until then according to their automated voice recording. Sent in an inquiry now anyway though. Hopefully I'll get my package because some of the stories I've seen on this site about them would scare ya tbh :/

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Sometimes DHL will insist that the address change request comes from the sender, so might be worth contacting the site you purchased the goods from.

kaki wrote: »
    Sometimes DHL will insist that the address change request comes from the sender, so might be worth contacting the site you purchased the goods from.

"Hi *****

DHL have advised that your address information is insufficient for them to deliver please contact them to arrange delivery of your order - the details are below.

ORDER ID *** 23RD November. Customer ******* –Ireland

DHL are unable to locate the address. Please contact your customer and ask him to contact DHL locally on tel 18700600 quoting tracking number ********* to arrange for delivery."

^That's the message I received from the company I bought it off. The number is crap as it's not real...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

In fairness these details are quoted on several websites.

Dhl International Ireland

Contact details

Address: Dhl House Malahide Road, Swords, CO DUBLIN
    Tel: 18700600
    Fax: 18700796

But panic not until you talk to them. The phone directory is amazing for solving issues concerning phone contact.

• Advertisement

In fairness these details are quoted on several websites.

Dhl International Ireland

Contact details

Address: Dhl House Malahide Road, Swords, CO DUBLIN
    Tel: 18700600
    Fax: 18700796

But panic not until you talk to them. The phone directory is amazing for solving issues concerning phone contact.

Got another number to try tomorrow morning so I hope to f*** it works. Never had any problems with UPS or other companies before...
    Anyone know what the holding limit is for DHL? I was only made aware of the problem friday night and it had been in holding since monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

01 8700600 - Dublin number based in Swords

sandin wrote: »
    01 8700600 - Dublin number based in Swords

There's an '0' at the start?!? I was given 18700600 without the beginning '0'... and it just went straight to beeps (The tone for it doesn't exist, not the tone for engaged)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

There's an '0' at the start?!? I was given 18700600 without the beginning '0'... and it just went straight to beeps (The tone for it doesn't exist, not the tone for engaged)

It was probably copied from a website for people phoning from overseas, so it would be +353 1 8700600. It's a Dublin number, so the area code is 01, but the 0 is dropped when calling from abroad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

There's an '0' at the start?!? I was given 18700600 without the beginning '0'...
    Ah here, are you taking the piss?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ah leave it out ;)

Soz hun! I thought it was some weird business number... The missing '0' makes so much sense though... better work tomorrow! I want my cam :(

Advertisement