Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sponsered job new zealand dependants and costs

Options
  • 01-12-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello. I am currently in the halfway stage of getting a sponsered job in nz. I have a few questions I hope someone can anwser.. I applied for a glazing job tru fas in nz around sep and am now in round 3 of the process the agency have checked me out, as in history of employment and backround checks etc then it went to round 2 which was nz emigrations checks now im being put to the company and should know in jan if ive been succesful. I have a wife and kids and am currently unemployed 4 yrs hence the need to move.. My main question is who covers the costs as in visa flights accomadation i know they will most likely cover my costs but im unsure if the will cover my dependants costs... Also hoping i can get any useful info on nz as in where to live and what life is really like in nz. I am a little concerned about the quakes but it wouldint put me off as ive little options here now. Any info would be greatly appreciated esp from ppl who have gone tru or are going tru it.
    barry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 elprez

Hi Barry

If you are sucessful in getting the job, the company will pay for your relocation i.e one way flight, visa expenses, temporary accomodation when you arrive. They will cover the cost for you and your family. I got a job before I left Ireland and the company paid to relocate myself and my girlfriend but I am bonded to company for two yearsfor the expenses and my visa is specific to the job and comapny.

I live in Auckland and I dont have any problems with quakes just the odd twister :).

Anymore questiond just shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Barry,

Id say you need to ask your company if they will pay for yours AND your family's relocation. I imagine yours would be a given. My company paid all my expenses (From oz) and gave me a relocation bonus to cover the rest. This was an internal transfer and was the general package offered to all employees who accepted the relocation. The bonus was to cover the cost of bond, furntiure, shipping, family relocation or spend on whatever. I was sponsored by the company with the caveat that i had to remain a certain amount of time or face paying back the whole package offered. In August I can apply for PR and do whatever i please (i like who i work for so will stay on though)

Regarding the Quakes...thats more around the Christchurch area. Up north is a little more stable, if a little windy like elprez said. As for standard of living, its great here. The weather is great, the people are friendly and accomodating and the places to visit seem endless. Best decision ive ever made was to come back here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,891 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Regarding the Quakes...thats more around the Christchurch area. Up north is a little more stable

Ahh ... don't be so hasty.

Pretty much all the country may be subject to earthquakes - have you ever visited "Shakey Palmy"? Or noticed how there are (almost?) no buildings in Hastings older than 1931. visited Edgecumbe?

Granted the risk in Auckland is believed to be lower. But

1) Don't forget the dormant volcanos ;)
    2) Until a few short years ago, the risk was believed to be low in Christchurch, too. But now we know about a new fault line ....

That said .. you take risks wherever you live. NZ has less drug addicts begging on its streets, gangland murders, politically-motivated terrorists who like blowing things up, etc.

Advertisement