Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrapping paper, gift boxes, bows et al

Options
  • 01-12-2012 7:53pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Had a quick look but didn't see a thread on this for this year. Post up good deals on wrapping stuff, as well as pictures of your favourite ways to decorate presents :P It's by far my favourite part of Christmas!

S how do you guys wrap things? Usually I go for wrapping paper, ribbons, bows and a tag, but this year I picked up a few gift boxes in Lidl so I'll be using them methinks :D Anyone see good offers on them anywhere else?

Also picked up ribbon and bows today in Easons - they've 4 rolls of 4m Christmas tree ribbons for €2.

I also LOVE seeing pictures of awesomely wrapped presents (sad, I know :( ) so if anyone is proud of their wrapping skills, do post em up here. :P

I think these are really great looking - gonna aim for this, I reckon!

tumblr_mcb0p6U4jH1r3epayo1_500.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Dealz and also Pennys are good for wrapping paper and ribbons.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Didn't think of dealz, thanks :D

Didn't think of dealz, thanks :D

Ikea aswell,downstairs beside the cash tills.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am krap at wrapping, just about got the nack of wrapping square presents without using the whole darn roll of paper!! I am beyond pointless at ribbon - I can't get it to curl with the scissors at all. I'll give it a lash perhaps this year we will see. As yet not sure what kinda paper I am gonna go for, keeping an eye out for something that proper catches my eye, and also for decent deals on paper. I hate some of that see-thru cheap shyte so trying to avoid that if possible, you can't always tell though when it is in the celophane.

Aldi are also selling gift wrapping sets for 3 euro 99 cents.

4 rolls of wrapping paper,4 rolls of ribbon,bag or bows and sellotape in each pack.

• Advertisement

I used to be beyond useless until my aunt sat me down about 3/4 years ago and taught me to wrap properly :P Now I love it!

I used to be beyond useless until my aunt sat me down about 3/4 years ago and taught me to wrap properly :P Now I love it!

Can I borrow your aunt?!!

No :P But I had a quick google and there's tonnes of tutorials online, like this:

Not too difficult once you get the hang of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

I ADORE wrapping. I wrapped my first few gifts yesterday afternoon... it was like a tornado of ribbon and glitter had hit my kitchen table! I decide on the wrapping depending on who it's for and what it is. I'm all about the paper with matching ribbon and matching tags. Or else fancy tissue paper, ribbons and gift bags. I cannot stand those bows that have teeny tiny sticky patches on the back; they never stay on the gifts long enough for the person to get it. Waste of time.

Homestore & More selling off wrapping paper for 99 cents.

5 meter rolls and many colours to choose from.

Also bows,ribbons and 50 pack Christmass card sets.

Just bought a load of stuff in there today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

tomboylady wrote: »
    I ADORE wrapping. I wrapped my first few gifts yesterday afternoon... it was like a tornado of ribbon and glitter had hit my kitchen table! I decide on the wrapping depending on who it's for and what it is. I'm all about the paper with matching ribbon and matching tags. Or else fancy tissue paper, ribbons and gift bags. I cannot stand those bows that have teeny tiny sticky patches on the back; they never stay on the gifts long enough for the person to get it. Waste of time.

I found a way to make them stick last year....

Don't rely on the "sticky" tab, roll up a bit of sellotape and stick it to the "sticky" thing, then press down onto present and it'll stay well put. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I got 3 rolls of foil wrapping paper in Aldi last the weekend before last @ €2 each (5m)... what I liked about it, on the inside of the paper there are printed cutting out lines to help you keep straight edges... Great for wrapping... not so pretty for opening but it sped things up this side... :)

Bought more presents today which means... more wrapping! :D Aside from that pack of 3 I got in Lidl last week, I haven't seen any suitable gift boxes anywhere (they were either too tiny or €10-15 each :eek:). Thus, back to good old wrapping paper. Got some nice rolls in the newsagents, €2 each for 5m.

I love the idea of the printed lines! If you were very meticulous, you could always draw them on lightly with pencil and a ruler :P

I love the idea of the printed lines. I cut the paper and it's damn all over the place!

Wrapping is done! Love it. My ideal job would be wrapping gifts like Rowan Atkinson does in Love Actually! I would LOVE to receive a gift wrapped up like that....I wouldn't care what was inside!

Me too :D Found some more decently sized gift boxes in Arnotts today, but they were kinda expensive (€4-6 depending on size). I finished wrapping 2 presents today though, put them in the smaller gift boxes with red tissue paper and then tied up with ribbon. I'm actually so excited for them to be opened now! They look like great craic to open up, if I do say so myself* :P

*I'm terribly modest about my wrapping abilities, don't ya know :P :P :P

I haven't bought all my presents yet, but I will prolly start wrapping the ones I have tomorrow as I have a SS to wrap for Saturday

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love wrapping pressies too! Here's some of mine. :)

B025.jpg

B031.jpg

B015.jpg

And all the presents under the tree so far

B020.jpg

Gorgeous! :D We haven't got our tree up yet but when we do I'll be posting my pictures :P

Good! I love pictures of purdy presents. :)

• Advertisement

Where'd you get your ribbons btw? They're fab :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 armitage1971

Posy wrote: »
    I love wrapping pressies too! Here's some of mine. :)

B025.jpg

B031.jpg

B015.jpg

And all the presents under the tree so far

B020.jpg

They look beautiful :-) Too beautiful to open:-)

Pic of the wrapping paper in Homestore & More.

Not bad for 1 euro a roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just finished wrapping the last of my presents.

I got lovely wrapping paper in Penny's (€1.50 for 8m) and matching gift tags (€1 for 20)

Will try to post a picture tomorrow

Ooooooooh, don't forget to sprinkle Christmas confetti on the gifts before you all wrap! I can't put gifts under the tree yet, as we will be at my parents and the tree can be seen for miles around and I don't want The Grinch to come and Steal Christmas!!!!

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Ooooooooh, don't forget to sprinkle Christmas confetti on the gifts before you all wrap! I can't put gifts under the tree yet, as we will be at my parents and the tree can be seen for miles around and I don't want The Grinch to come and Steal Christmas!!!!

I did that once a few years ago and we're STILL finding confetti :eek:

Where'd you get your ribbons btw? They're fab :D
    In Dunnes for €2.50. :)

Brown Thomas had identical ribbons for €6! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

I picked up some tartan wrapping paper in Supervalue yesterday.
    Its not as bright as the attached picture, but looks really nice.
    Plus the lines of the tartan help you cut the paper sizes out more accurately :D

Just need some gold ribbon now to set off the pressies nicely.

Wow that's quite a nice effect! Green ribbon would go nicely too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Idrive

Wow that's quite a nice effect! Green ribbon would go nicely too :)

Ribbon in general nearly costs as much as the gift. Must have a look on ebay.

Advertisement