Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

please help me!!!

• 01-12-2012 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

Before i start i should meantion that i know very little of iphones jailbreak,unlocking cydia etc.

So for a while i have wanted to get an iphone but funds wouldnt allow it. My girlfriend decided to surprise me and she bought me an iphone 3gs. she was told by the guy she bought it from the it was factory unlocked and she could do anything she wanted with the phone. so i put my meteor sim in and the phone was working grand i was happy... this was not to last very long as when i went to download an app from the app store it said that i needed to have at least ios 4.3 on the phone to downlad apps. ( the phone was on 4.1) i had noticed the phone had cydia on it and i didnt know what cydia was so i googled it only to find out it meant the phone was jailbroken. i had heard that you cant update and iphone thats jailbroken as it will relock the phone. so i got an unlock check by www.unlockguru.co.uk and they informed me that the phone was unlocked and i could update away.

so i updated and went throught the activation on the phone but the phone stopped and said the server had timed out and to try again in a few minutes which i did a few times. so i connected the phone and did a reset and the same thing happen on the phone and itunes said there was no sim card inserted that i should insert one and start again. so i did this again and still the same. so i contacted apple support on the phone and they ran me through various different things. 1 hour and twenty minutes on the phone and still the same. they then inform me that it is still locked to T-mobile UK and recommend that i contact them!!!

i have really wanted an iphone for a while but at this stage im that fustrated i wish i never got one!!! i have sent a mail to T-mobile asking them can they help if i give them the phones imei number. i havent got a response yet but i suspect the wont be able to help with a customer to tie the phone too. i know i could get the phone jailbroken again but then i wont be able to use itunes or apps so IMHO whats the point of using the phone.

i have gone into one or two phone repair shops and they say they cant help me. can someone on here help/advise me?

TB26

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

The unlock thread at the top is a good place to start about what the whole thing means, because it doesn't stop you using iTunes or apps. iClarified is another good source of information about unlocking and jailbreaking.

Advertisement