Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 16 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Sess and flether in today after the game ,all ready have Mcnuff so cant see taking points hit for other players or am I wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Rafael out Enrique in for me this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Is there any news on Bale's injury and how long are we talking about? Seems hard to get any info. Some saying a tweak.

I took a 4pt hit to get him into my team, with Hazard going the out the door. Sick now and with Suaraez its a bit of a mare. Is it worth getting Sess or Larsson for the DW and maybe get Bale back later? Two transfers for that carry on, which i don't like much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dempsey wrote: »
    Jussi/Begovic

Demel/Rafael/Nastasic/McAuley/Caulker

Michu/Bale/Mata/Nolan/Fellaini

Berbatov/Suarez/Tevez

£2.0m in the bank, 1 FT, anyone have some sound advice. I have a few ideas swirling in my head but 2nd opinions are very important in this game!

in rafael mccauley and suarez i believe u have 3 players who have giving great returns and giving big price rises but i think its time to sell.Rafeal in a back four will mean less clean sheets for utd he is a poor defender he has had a great run of games but with smalling jones and vidic all nearly fit i cant see him playing as much anymore. Mccauley has also done well but u cud save money there downgrading to davies swansea.Suarez is a fabulous player but he has no support in that liverpool team he had a great run of form but for his price i dont think he will get enough goals. Im thinking 3 5 2 cud be the way to go with fellani michu bale walcott mata sterling nolan all offering good value and regular goalscoring potential.Tevez to aguero wud b another move id suggest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Is there any news on Bale's injury and how long are we talking about? Seems hard to get any info. Some saying a tweak.

I took a 4pt hit to get him into my team, with Hazard going the out the door. Sick now and with Suaraez its a bit of a mare. Is it worth getting Sess or Larsson for the DW and maybe get Bale back later? Two transfers for that carry on, which i don't like much.

Same, took a hit to get him in.

Need Fellaini in my team ASAP though so think I'll bench Bale and do Nolan -> Fellaini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Would have to take a points hit to bring in a reading or sunderland player. Is it worth it. Im think if taking the chance on Fletch or Sess but I generally refuse to take a points hit for transfers.

roryc wrote: »
    Same, took a hit to get him in.

Need Fellaini in my team ASAP though so think I'll bench Bale and do Nolan -> Fellaini.

I know the feeling.

I have no Utd cover @ all. To get RVP I would have to restructure my team as wildcard is gone. Cant afford Rooney yet. Any ideas lads, think Young is gettin a run bit is he reliable? Anderson doesnt play every week. Valencia hit and miss. I hate this game at times.

Nolan looked very good against Chelsea, unlucky not to get more pts.

El festino wrote: »
    Would have to take a points hit to bring in a reading or sunderland player. Is it worth it. Im think if taking the chance on Fletch or Sess but I generally refuse to take a points hit for transfers.

The way im leaning towards is that they will probably get at least 2 additonal pts if they start both games, so its 2pt transfer instead of a 4pts if that makes any sense. However its tying up 2 transfers also. Dilemmas,

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

The way im leaning towards is that they will probably get at least 2 additonal pts if they start both games, so its 2pt transfer instead of a 4pts if that makes ant sense. However its tying up 2 transfers also. Dilemmas,

True, i currently don't see long term value in either player and i have more pressing issues to deal with. Will see how they do today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I have Bale and Suarez but am gonna take a risk and just bench both for this round of games, go 4-4-2. I've downgraded Rafael instead to raise some cash, he's done well for me but seems like a decent time to get rid.

Needed the money to freshen the side up over Xmas, and I think Bale/Suarez are worth keeping over the long-term anyway....I would have had trouble buying them back as it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If Bale is likely to miss more than 2 games I'll have to sell him I suppose, problem is it could cost me an extra .4 million to get him back, this is a tough 1, I'll not worry about Suarez, just gives a chance to someone else who I hope will go well, in fact I might bring in Enrique now.
    Dempsey could be my short term answer to the Bale situation, I've a feeling he's ready to start scoring now.

I'm tempted by Dempsey too, he has three assists in his last three and looks like he's coming into form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Bit of a sh*tty week this week after a points hit to get Bale.

Thinking of getting rid of Rafael. I always thought that he might suffer from rotation, and now with Jones and Smalling back (and Vidic close to be being back I hear?) I think United have a lot more defenders available.

Not sure who to get though. Smalling is a good option, at only 5.2 he would save me a chuck of cash. But I'd be transferring him in before the City game, which I would probably bench him for anyway, so bit of a waste of a transfer. Jose Enrique is the other option of course.

Anyway, will hold of the transfer as long as possible to see how Bale is doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Every week I wait for Fellaini to stop scoring and every week I'm wrong. Gonna have to get him in I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Vidic is to play in the CL game against Cluj.United should tighten up at the back now he's fit & playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Thinking of having this as my starting team next week:

Begovic,

Enrique, Shawcross, Cameron,

Michu (VC), Fellaini (C), Sterling, Walcott,

Ba, RVP, Defoe.

Bench: Ruddy, Rafael, Nelsen, Bale.

Thoughts?

I was thinking of taking Bale out for 2 gameweeks for Sessengon and then bring him back in, I have 0.4 in the bank and bought Bale for 9.6, he is now 9.9 so I should be able to afford him again when he is back, or would ye just stick him on the bench for the next two weeks and keep my money in the bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Dempsey wrote: »
    so i should be doubling down on stoke clean sheets?

The way the big clubs are defending I'm tempted to get a 3rd Stoke defender in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

chops018 wrote: »
    Thinking of having this as my starting team next week:

Begovic,

Enrique, Shawcross, Cameron,

Michu (VC), Fellaini (C), Sterling, Walcott,

Ba, RVP, Defoe.

Bench: Ruddy, Rafael, Nelsen, Bale.

Thoughts?

I was thinking of taking Bale out for 2 gameweeks for Sessengon and then bring him back in, I have 0.4 in the bank and bought Bale for 9.6, he is now 9.9 so I should be able to afford him again when he is back, or would ye just stick him on the bench for the next two weeks and keep my money in the bank?

I've doubled up on stoke defenders, but I think 3 is too much from one team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

I've doubled up on stoke defenders, but I think 3 is too much from one team.

I'm just going to try it out for a couple of gameweeks as the big clubs are conceding goals, Rafael only stays because he might grab an assist and I have him since GW1, but I'm not starting him this week against City or is that a mistake and it will be a tight affair?

What do you think of the Bale situation? Also who would you take out from the 3 Stoke lads and who would you put in instead? Dunno what to do there to be honest. If I took Cameron out I'd have 5.3 and if I take Shawcross out I'll have 5.7 to spend, obviously I'd do the transfer after GW16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Stoke have been very solid.....but they don't have the kindest of periods coming up. Not too many CSs out of their next 8 I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

They might have 2 home games for the DGW but Sunderland are horrendous at the moment ! Have Cuellar and I think ill leave it at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Whats peoples thoughts on rafael?

Thinking its time to get out, have him in since the start so can sell him for 6 mil. Bit worried after him getting subbed yesterday, and the facte they have Vid, Jones and Smalling all coming back. They have City next week but not a bad run after that, just worried about not being able to get him back in once I ship him out.

Been thinking about getting enrique instead, anyone else i should be looking at?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Whats peoples thoughts on rafael?

Thinking its time to get out, have him in since the start so can sell him for 6 mil. Bit worried after him getting subbed yesterday, and the facte they have Vid, Jones and Smalling all coming back. They have City next week but not a bad run after that, just worried about not being able to get him back in once I ship him out.

Been thinking about getting enrique instead, anyone else i should be looking at?

I got him out last week,united haven't had a cleen sheet in ages.
    After the city game you say? well i'll put it like this,they said they hadn't have a bad run after the arsenal game,villa,norwich,qpr,reading.conceded in all of them the only game they didn't was west ham and he didn't even make the first half in that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Any thoughts on Lucas at Liverpool now he is back from injury. Cheap(4.6), had a great game yesterday and scored 123 last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

thomasm wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Lucas at Liverpool now he is back from injury. Cheap, had a great game yesterday and scored 123 last season.

Ah, he scored 22 last year mate! :)

You're looking at his ESP rating. He has never hit 90 points. I'm a Pool fan, and love the guy, but he should never be near any FF squad, he just isn't an FF type player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

thomasm wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Lucas at Liverpool now he is back from injury. Cheap(4.6), had a great game yesterday and scored 123 last season.

wouldnt touch him, he only scored 22 points last season, his two highest seasons were 86 and 81 points and got 0 goals and 4 goals over those 2 seasons. offers nothing going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kill Ach

Any info on Fletcher foor the dgw, went off injured today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rafael out. Caulker in. Expensive defenders just aren't worth it this year.

I probably would have brought in Nastasic had Roberto the Rotator not returned to old form yesterday.

Not touching Sunderland or Reading players. Have Cuellar and that's enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Steven Fletcher's ankle injury sustained at Norwich to be assessed with Martin O'Neill unsure on the prognosis.
    You won't get much more info than that until tomorrow at the earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I won't be making any transfers this week unless Fletcher is out for the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I have Suarez and Bale out next week. I also don't have Fellaini, which worries me.

Can do Baird to Shorey for free, or McAuley and Pienaar to Shorey and Fellaini for -4. The second one would leave me with only 11 starters though (assuming Baird is out).

Think I'll play it safe and just do the 1st one. What to you think?

Advertisement