Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 16 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I also have Bale and Rafael, but I don't htink I'm going to rush into getting rid of either of them. I'll give Rafael another chance next week, and Bale I want in there long term so reluctant to dump him if he's only going to be out for a game or 2.

I'd look at Baird and McCartney if I was you, and worry about having subs that always play, so that you have cover if someone doesn't play. I'm not sure if I'd take a points hit to get rid of Rafael, so maybe a boring transfer of getting rid of Baird might be the best thing?

Thing is Rafael has zero chance of a clean sheet next week, Enrique could finally find his shooting boots and I'd be dissapointed to miss that, if I replace Bale(who should never have been booked for the last two weeks, both "dives" folllowed contact) I can play a 5 man midfield, I'm still tempted to take the hit and bring Bale back when he's right, they say 2 games but it could be longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »

2 games out and 4 yellow cards when he returns.

i take it bookings from the Capital One Cup carry over towards a suspension. Bale 3 in the PL as well as 1 from cup game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

I took a risk captaining enrique last weekend and it paid off, considering. I'm going to sell chicharito and bring in LeFondre from Reading and make him captain. He has a potential 180 minutes of football and i'm still midtable in my league, i wouldn't mind climbing a few places this side of xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

2 games out and 4 yellow cards when he returns.

Is he confirmed as out for 2 games though? Thought there was a chance he could be back after only missing 1?

But yeah, when you put it like that it doesn't look great!

Is he confirmed as out for 2 games though? Thought there was a chance he could be back after only missing 1?

But yeah, when you put it like that it doesn't look great!

i'd be surprised if Bale misses two games. people forget he recovers twice as fast as regular humans

manual_man wrote: »
    i'd be surprised if Bale misses two games. people forget he recovers twice as fast as regular humans

That's exactly why I was asking the question!! He's a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I'd say Bale will be back the following week.

I have him and Suarez in my side but rather than using my free transfer to move one out, I've decided to remove Rafael and raise 2m in the bank....my team almost picks itself this week and I'll have to go 4-4-2 but feck it, still enough threats in there with RVP, Fellaini, Cazorla who gets the midweek off so hopefully is fit and firing for WBA at home.

Dont think 4 pt hits are worth it either. I have a plan on how I want to reshape my side over Xmas but Bale and Suarez are part of it so one week wont make a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Baird to Shorey
    Bale to Fellaini

Either for free or both for -4

Or

McAuley to Shorey and Pienaar to Fellaini for -4

Options, options, options. Anyone care to express a view?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jax Teller wrote: »
    What would say is my most important transfer to make ?
    7OyY1.png

I was thinking Noble out to someone more attacking minded this week with Suarez being suspended but with Rafael being hauled off and knowning Fergie he prob won't play for ages again ill prob need to get rid of him .

Vorm to federici will save u nearly a million and he plays twice this week not a glamorous transfer but probably a good week to do it. Silva doubtful for the weekend supposedly.Mata no game next week and then benitez will definetly rotate when they come back from world club championships. Rafael definetly time to cash in you have made a good 0.5 on him plus gary neville reckons he was poor at the weekend(only joking)

So thats Ba, Bale, Pablo Hernandez and Fletcher all injured. Great.

Edit: And Foster in goal, but not too worried about him, as I have Beg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

So thats Ba, Bale, Pablo Hernandez and Fletcher all injured. Great.

Edit: And Foster in goal, but not too worried about him, as I have Beg.
    Ba isnt too bad more of a precaution
    Fletcher might be ok too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Is it worth playing Cuellar. He has a double gameweek but they haven't been great. Including him would mean leaving out either Shawcross, Ivanovic or Baines (or even possibly Walters)

Edit: I have Fletcher so that would cover the DGW (got him in a couple of weeks ago before I even realised they had a DGW coming up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm looking to hold off on a transfer decision until Friday. Rafael is a concern for me. I feel like Fergie might lose faith in him now and go with Smalling. Anyone actually going to keep faith with Rafael?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Am I the only one thinking Rooney is goin to explode on Man City this weekend? He looks to be trying to up his goal tally before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Michu's going up tonight. May have to take a hit to afford him.

How should I do it? Should I do it at all?

SVs3B.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

BroLo wrote: »
    Michu's going up tonight. May have to take a hit to afford him.

How should I do it? Should I do it at all?

SVs3B.png

Mccauley to shorey who will play twice so should minimise the 4 point hit. Your defence has unneccessary money tied up in it as you are more than likely only playing 3 at the back your other two defenders should be comprised of cheap regular starters ( shorey clyne nelsen etc). Gives you a back 3 of enrique cuellar and shorey for this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

After a stellar week, 77, I would like to keep the run going. If you have any tips, would be great. Personally I think I need to get rid of Jelavic

ff_1.png

Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 126 ✭✭Camo22

Same here and only got Bale in for Mata this week, absolute sickener. Have Fletcher and Cuellar, think that might be enough Sunderland cover.

I did the exact same thing... RAGING!

I put fletcher as captain as the have 2 home games - Chelsea are struggling and Reading at home. I think Sunderland are due a couple of performances - I also took in Sessngon - Bit risky but could pay off big time!

Anyone else take Sunderland players in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Vorm to federici will save u nearly a million and he plays twice this week not a glamorous transfer but probably a good week to do it. Silva doubtful for the weekend supposedly.Mata no game next week and then benitez will definetly rotate when they come back from world club championships. Rafael definetly time to cash in you have made a good 0.5 on him plus gary neville reckons he was poor at the weekend(only joking)

Getting rid of Vorm isn't a priority for me right now .

Mata is on his way out prob next week & i'll be keeping an eye on Rafael next week or so .

Team:
    Jussi, Bego
    Baines, Cuellar, McAuley, Caulker, Baird
    Bale, Walcott, Michu, Pienaar, Sterling
    RVP, Suarez, Lambert.

£0.2m in the bank

Thinking: Baird and Bale to Fellaini and Shorey for -4

Gives me 14 players this week (but 3 Everton and only 2 strikers)

I could then downgrade McAuley next week and have the cash to bring Bale back in for Pienaar once he is fit.

Madness?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Camo22 wrote: »
    I did the exact same thing... RAGING!

I did the same, but I'm not raging about it. Obviously it was irritating this GW, but ultimately I think it'll have been the right call. I wouldn't have been able to afford it if I left it until this week.

I did the same, but I'm not raging about it. Obviously it was irritating this GW, but ultimately I think it'll have been the right call. I wouldn't have been able to afford it if I left it until this week.

here here. Playing to well. It's be worth it when he gets back.

Looks like Rafa has taken a disliking to Mata too - No idea why!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

many sticking with Bale and Suarez ?

miller82 wrote: »

I'd like to but need to get Fellaini in. Thinking of ditching Bale for 2 weeks (my 'plan' is posted above!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

miller82 wrote: »

I am. Can't see the point of wasting transfers taking them out.

Just copped my transfer of Rafael to Caulker didn't actually go through. Spurs are away to Everton this weekend so I did Rafael to Shorey. Can then change Gorkks to Caulker after the weekend.

Priority then will be ridding my team of Tevez.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Just copped my transfer of Rafael to Caulker didn't actually go through. Spurs are away to Everton this weekend so I did Rafael to Shorey. Can then change Gorkks to Caulker after the weekend.

Priority then will be ridding my team of Tevez.

Was thinking of doing Rafael to Shorey myself. Christ, we think so alike Lemlin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

manual_man wrote: »
    Was thinking of doing Rafael to Shorey myself. Christ, we think so alike Lemlin

I'm not certain he will be dropped, but I'd still get rid of him. Shorey is a superb choice.

I'm not certain he will be dropped, but I'd still get rid of him. Shorey is a superb choice.

4 assists in 4 games says it all. Reading have a couple of decent fixtures before the new year too. Not sure re. Rafael too, but City away is a tough game anyway, and you can be sure Fergie will rotate his defenders over the busy christmas period. got him at 5.5 so 0.5 is a nice profit. Shorey certain to rise too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i pulled the trigger on Clark for Wisdom too early.

a very rookie error considering I've been patient all year on transfers, as Shorey would've been a far better choice.

i think i was just a little annoyed after the weekend - had a bit of a "fúck it" moment where i just wanted to change something!

ah well, i can bring Shorey in for one of my other defenders, even after the DGW, even though that is a missed opportunity. a points hit is a little risky and unnecessary for him IMO.

Opinions please. Which 1 of the following would you get rid of out of:

Foster (inj)
    Fletcher (inj)
    Bale (inj)
    Pablo Hernandez (inj)
    Rafael (possible rotation risk)

[also have Ba, but seems he might be ok]

SlickRic wrote: »
    i pulled the trigger on Clark for Wisdom too early.

Clark got 5 points! Has done well in the last 2 games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I've been debating in my head whether to bring in Shorey or Garrido and have settled on Garrido as a better long term option, similar attacking potential although I'd give Garrido a very slight edge, the Norwich player has a hell of a lot more defensive potential though, I don't see many clean sheets for Reading.

It sounds obvious I suppose but Reading are in a much better situation for the dgw, Sunderland could be on the wrong end of a Chelsea backlash

Even if he isn't, he's going to be rotated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Opinions please. Which 1 of the following would you get rid of out of:

Foster (inj)
    Fletcher (inj)
    Bale (inj)
    Pablo Hernandez (inj)
    Rafael (possible rotation risk)

[also have Ba, but seems he might be ok]

Id change bale or pablo. Fletcher may still play, u have another goalie so foster is not a priority and raf may play this wknd but id change him longterm.

Just did the one change, Jones (of the Billy variety) out for Shorey. Only got Jones in last week to have some WBA cover, but Clarke has been playing tinker man for the last couple of games and Jones didn't start at the weekend (luckily, as it turned out). What a waste of a transfer that was. Happy to have Shorey in - he'll be a perennial bench warmer but a good option for the DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Ah but you will have to take them out again as they are hardy worth it long term going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I thought i was being a 'cute hoor' selling Rafael for Shorey and then i read this thread.........theres other 'cute hoor's' about.

Ah but you will have to take them out again as they are hardy worth it long term going forward

Not really, I reckon I'll keep Shorey around. He won't be in my first XI most weeks, and better than most bench options in that price range with his assists record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I read the last bit in Mario Rosenstock's 'Biffo' accent.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

A lot of love for Shorey here! Any reason why everyone's getting him instead of Sean Morrison?

Shorey's played the last 11 games, getting 35 points while Morrison's played the last 6 games, scoring 32. Even if you compare the last 6 games Shorey has 28 to Morrison's 32. Plus Morrison's cheaper.

Is Morrison just short-term cover for a regular Reading starter or is there any reason he's been overlooked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

A lot of love for Shorey here! Any reason why everyone's getting him instead of Sean Morrison?

Shorey's played the last 11 games, getting 35 points while Morrison's played the last 6 games, scoring 32. Even if you compare the last 6 games Shorey has 28 to Morrison's 32. Plus Morrison's cheaper.

Is Morrison just short-term cover for a regular Reading starter or is there any reason he's been overlooked?

Probably because he is a bit of an unknown quantity really, only made his debut last month and the 2 goals is fairly unusual for him. Bassong has scored 2 in 3 as well but i doubt there will be a scramble to get him.

Still, a decent shout though for a bit of sneaky differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

daithijjj wrote: »
    Probably because he is a bit of an unknown quantity really, only made his debut last month and the 2 goals is fairly unusual for him. Bassong has scored 2 in 3 as well but i doubt there will be a scramble to get him.

Still, a decent shout though for a bit of sneaky differential.

Thanks. My knowledge of Reading defenders is limited (aka zero). I need to replace Gorkss and was weighing up Shorey or Morrison. Actually I'm just realising I only have 4.0m to spend so I can't afford Shorey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

edit, nevermind, debunked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

You'll only get DGW points for the reading and Sunderland lads if you had them in originally when the game was postponed.

Where is this stated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

BroLo wrote: »
    Where is this stated?

Nevermind, according to FutureGuy i'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You'll only get DGW points for the reading and Sunderland lads if you had them in originally when the game was postponed.

shaq.gif

To be fair to TiltedBrain, I think there was a message to that effect around the time the game was postponed. They gave the impression that if you had Sunderland/Reading players they wouldn't be subbed out, but rather you'd get the points for them when the game was rearranged. There was a lot of uncertainty around the game at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Going cashing in on Gareth McAuley before his price drops tonight/tomorrow night. Got him in for 5.0 so will be making a 0.3 profit on him.

West Brom have only kept 1 clean sheet in their last 10 games after their good start to the season so i think now is the time to get him out.

I think i will replace him with someone around the 4.0 price tag and have narrowed it down to the following 4:

Shorey 4.1 (Reading)

Morrison 4.0 (Reading)

Nelsen 4.0 (QPR)

Davies 4.0 (Swansea)

Dont see much value around the 4.5 price bar maybe Lowton and Clark of Villa who both mite be an option too.

At the moment i am leaning towards Davies as Swansea look to have got back on track again and are starting to keep clean sheets again like last season, 2 clean sheets in their last 3 games. I am not really buying into the Reading double gameweek.

What are yere opinions?

Advertisement