Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 16 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lemlin wrote: »
    I would be worried about Defoe being rotated with Ade though.

Europa League this week should put paid to that.

Ade on Thursday, Defoe at the weekend.

BroLo, it really is a coin flip. Michu is must-have, and Tevez is a rotation risk long term. Defoe is in form, and Morrison hasn't been playing.

go with your gut.

your team as a whole is largely fine IMO. Morrison, if he gets playing again soon is a good differential. Noble hasn't scored greatly, and Sterling, though he plays every week, isn't getting brilliant returns all that often. you seem to have gotten him recently enough where selling him wouldn't cost you much money.

i'd go Noble
    > Puncheon if i was to do anything to your midfield. if you were willing to do the points hit, Michu has to come in. i just don't know if Defoe is the right one this week. if you were willing to put him in and wait for long term gain, it may well work out for you though...if that makes sense.

defensively, i don't see many clean sheets, but then again, i don't see many with any team right now.

up front, Tevez is a rotation risk, as i said, but i have him too...so what do i know?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

SlickRic wrote: »
    one of the worst weeks to do that.

Fletch with a probable DGW, and Bale out, meaning a huge supply line for Defoe is now gone.

you'll be fortunate to get away with that, especially as Spurs are away to Everton.

fair play if that works out for you :o

Defoe went up last night so I had to get him in. I'm happy to take the chance, no guaruntee that Fletch will be fit and hopefully have Defoe now long-term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

SlickRic wrote: »
    Europa League this week should put paid to that.

Ade on Thursday, Defoe at the weekend.

BroLo, it really is a coin flip. Michu is must-have, and Tevez is a rotation risk long term. Defoe is in form, and Morrison hasn't been playing.

go with your gut.

your team as a whole is largely fine IMO. Morrison, if he gets playing again soon is a good differential. Noble hasn't scored greatly, and Sterling, though he plays every week, isn't getting brilliant returns all that often. you seem to have gotten him recently enough where selling him wouldn't cost you much money.

i'd go Noble
    > Puncheon if i was to do anything to your midfield. if you were willing to do the points hit, Michu has to come in. i just don't know if Defoe is the right one this week. if you were willing to put him in and wait for long term gain, it may well work out for you though...if that makes sense.

defensively, i don't see many clean sheets, but then again, i don't see many with any team right now.

up front, Tevez is a rotation risk, as i said, but i have him too...so what do i know?! :p

TWOSz.png

How about that more long term? Over the next few weeks of course not all this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭SmashingPilot

Thinking of doing Nolan to Michu and Tevez to Defoe. Any other possible suggestions? Is it worth taking a risk on Fletcher?

Capture.jpg

BroLo wrote: »
    TWOSz.png

How about that more long term? Over the next few weeks of course not all this week.

looks good to me.

up to you to decide if you take hits to do it. i wouldn't take a hit unless you really deem it absolutely necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

What would say is my most important transfer to make ?
    7OyY1.png

I was thinking Noble out to someone more attacking minded this week with Suarez being suspended but with Rafael being hauled off and knowning Fergie he prob won't play for ages again ill prob need to get rid of him .

Clark, Clyne and Cameron is a fine back 3 for this week.

i'd do Noble
    > Puncheon.

then you'll have enough cash perhaps for Morrison
    > Fellaini, or you could get Raf out of your team at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It's early in the week but I may have to take a 4 point hit to ensure I have 11 players for the weekend, initially I wasn't bothered about the double game week but I'm wondering if Shorey could be worth it, at least I won't be in a rush to dump him at that price. I have Bale, Suarez, Baird(not in the team) and McCartney(injured but may struggle to come back into a winning team), I also have Rafael who I think will keep his place but I'd be happier with Enrique now.
    I may bring in Shorey and Enrique for Rafael and Baird, there is a saving of .8m in that for me. Alternatively I may bring in Enrique for Rafael and replace Bale with Dempsey for a couple of weeks, won't do anything till friday though, I can afford to risk a .1 or .2 difference by then if it happens, last thing I want is more injuries.
    Any thoughts on my thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

It's early in the week but I may have to take a 4 point hit to ensure I have 11 players for the weekend, initially I wasn't bothered about the double game week but I'm wondering if Shorey could be worth it, at least I won't be in a rush to dump him at that price. I have Bale, Suarez, Baird(not in the team) and McCartney(injured but may struggle to come back into a winning team), I also have Rafael who I think will keep his place but I'd be happier with Enrique now.
    I may bring in Shorey and Enrique for Rafael and Baird, there is a saving of .8m in that for me. Alternatively I may bring in Enrique for Rafael and replace Bale with Dempsey for a couple of weeks, won't do anything till friday though, I can afford to risk a .1 or .2 difference by then if it happens, last thing I want is more injuries.
    Any thoughts on my thinking?

I also have Bale and Rafael, but I don't htink I'm going to rush into getting rid of either of them. I'll give Rafael another chance next week, and Bale I want in there long term so reluctant to dump him if he's only going to be out for a game or 2.

I'd look at Baird and McCartney if I was you, and worry about having subs that always play, so that you have cover if someone doesn't play. I'm not sure if I'd take a points hit to get rid of Rafael, so maybe a boring transfer of getting rid of Baird might be the best thing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I also have Bale and Rafael, but I don't htink I'm going to rush into getting rid of either of them. I'll give Rafael another chance next week, and Bale I want in there long term so reluctant to dump him if he's only going to be out for a game or 2.

I'd look at Baird and McCartney if I was you, and worry about having subs that always play, so that you have cover if someone doesn't play. I'm not sure if I'd take a points hit to get rid of Rafael, so maybe a boring transfer of getting rid of Baird might be the best thing?

2 games out and 4 yellow cards when he returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Thing is Rafael has zero chance of a clean sheet next week, Enrique could finally find his shooting boots and I'd be dissapointed to miss that, if I replace Bale(who should never have been booked for the last two weeks, both "dives" folllowed contact) I can play a 5 man midfield, I'm still tempted to take the hit and bring Bale back when he's right, they say 2 games but it could be longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »

i take it bookings from the Capital One Cup carry over towards a suspension. Bale 3 in the PL as well as 1 from cup game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

I took a risk captaining enrique last weekend and it paid off, considering. I'm going to sell chicharito and bring in LeFondre from Reading and make him captain. He has a potential 180 minutes of football and i'm still midtable in my league, i wouldn't mind climbing a few places this side of xmas.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Is he confirmed as out for 2 games though? Thought there was a chance he could be back after only missing 1?

But yeah, when you put it like that it doesn't look great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Is he confirmed as out for 2 games though? Thought there was a chance he could be back after only missing 1?

But yeah, when you put it like that it doesn't look great!

i'd be surprised if Bale misses two games. people forget he recovers twice as fast as regular humans

manual_man wrote: »
    i'd be surprised if Bale misses two games. people forget he recovers twice as fast as regular humans

That's exactly why I was asking the question!! He's a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

I'd say Bale will be back the following week.

I have him and Suarez in my side but rather than using my free transfer to move one out, I've decided to remove Rafael and raise 2m in the bank....my team almost picks itself this week and I'll have to go 4-4-2 but feck it, still enough threats in there with RVP, Fellaini, Cazorla who gets the midweek off so hopefully is fit and firing for WBA at home.

Dont think 4 pt hits are worth it either. I have a plan on how I want to reshape my side over Xmas but Bale and Suarez are part of it so one week wont make a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Baird to Shorey
    Bale to Fellaini

Either for free or both for -4

Or

McAuley to Shorey and Pienaar to Fellaini for -4

Options, options, options. Anyone care to express a view?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jax Teller wrote: »
    What would say is my most important transfer to make ?
    7OyY1.png

I was thinking Noble out to someone more attacking minded this week with Suarez being suspended but with Rafael being hauled off and knowning Fergie he prob won't play for ages again ill prob need to get rid of him .

Vorm to federici will save u nearly a million and he plays twice this week not a glamorous transfer but probably a good week to do it. Silva doubtful for the weekend supposedly.Mata no game next week and then benitez will definetly rotate when they come back from world club championships. Rafael definetly time to cash in you have made a good 0.5 on him plus gary neville reckons he was poor at the weekend(only joking)

So thats Ba, Bale, Pablo Hernandez and Fletcher all injured. Great.

Edit: And Foster in goal, but not too worried about him, as I have Beg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

So thats Ba, Bale, Pablo Hernandez and Fletcher all injured. Great.

Edit: And Foster in goal, but not too worried about him, as I have Beg.
    Ba isnt too bad more of a precaution
    Fletcher might be ok too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Is it worth playing Cuellar. He has a double gameweek but they haven't been great. Including him would mean leaving out either Shawcross, Ivanovic or Baines (or even possibly Walters)

Edit: I have Fletcher so that would cover the DGW (got him in a couple of weeks ago before I even realised they had a DGW coming up)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm looking to hold off on a transfer decision until Friday. Rafael is a concern for me. I feel like Fergie might lose faith in him now and go with Smalling. Anyone actually going to keep faith with Rafael?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

Am I the only one thinking Rooney is goin to explode on Man City this weekend? He looks to be trying to up his goal tally before Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Michu's going up tonight. May have to take a hit to afford him.

How should I do it? Should I do it at all?

SVs3B.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

BroLo wrote: »
    Michu's going up tonight. May have to take a hit to afford him.

How should I do it? Should I do it at all?

SVs3B.png

Mccauley to shorey who will play twice so should minimise the 4 point hit. Your defence has unneccessary money tied up in it as you are more than likely only playing 3 at the back your other two defenders should be comprised of cheap regular starters ( shorey clyne nelsen etc). Gives you a back 3 of enrique cuellar and shorey for this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

After a stellar week, 77, I would like to keep the run going. If you have any tips, would be great. Personally I think I need to get rid of Jelavic

ff_1.png

Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 126 ✭✭Camo22

Same here and only got Bale in for Mata this week, absolute sickener. Have Fletcher and Cuellar, think that might be enough Sunderland cover.

I did the exact same thing... RAGING!

• Subscribers Posts: 126 ✭✭Camo22

I put fletcher as captain as the have 2 home games - Chelsea are struggling and Reading at home. I think Sunderland are due a couple of performances - I also took in Sessngon - Bit risky but could pay off big time!

Anyone else take Sunderland players in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Vorm to federici will save u nearly a million and he plays twice this week not a glamorous transfer but probably a good week to do it. Silva doubtful for the weekend supposedly.Mata no game next week and then benitez will definetly rotate when they come back from world club championships. Rafael definetly time to cash in you have made a good 0.5 on him plus gary neville reckons he was poor at the weekend(only joking)

Getting rid of Vorm isn't a priority for me right now .

Mata is on his way out prob next week & i'll be keeping an eye on Rafael next week or so .

Advertisement