Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 16 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

km79 wrote: »
    Any news on Ba .....

Looks set to play - goo.gl/6sKfm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

roryc wrote: »
    Looks set to play - goo.gl/6sKfm

Ben Arfa back too which could see Ba return to form as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

BroLo wrote: »
    Ben Arfa back too which could see Ba return to form as well?

If the Ba of last week is him out of form, I can't wait to see him in form!

carlop wrote: »
    If the Ba of last week is him out of form, I can't wait to see him in form!

Last week was an exception to be fair. He had been under performing for a few weeks before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Smalling ----> Shorey for a 4 point hit?

the rest of my defence for this week is Olsson (away at Arsenal), Caulker (away at Everton), Clark (home to Stoke), and Cuellar (DGW).

Smalling, at the moment, is benched.

• Advertisement

Was himming and hawwing over whether to go to Dempsey for Bale or to Silva (who has just been passed fit according to several news sources).

I have no City cover so Silva would be good as a longer term option... if he was scoring big. Form decided it for me I think, Dempsey with 3 assists in 3 games and a good return last night says that it's a good choice. I can always get Silva in for Cazorla in the new year I suppose.

Everton have conceded every match over the last what, 10 or so? Good chance of a Spurs goal, so Dempsey it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Last week was an exception to be fair. He had been under performing for a few weeks before that.

He's scored 6, 2, 6, 13 for the last 4 weeks, an average of almost 7 points a week. The only forward that I can see that's scored better than him in the last 4 weeks is Defoe.

I know picking 4 weeks is sort of selective viewing, but I think he's done well recently, expecially considering there's been no Ben Arfa there.

He's scored 6, 2, 6, 13 for the last 4 weeks, an average of almost 7 points a week. The only forward that I can see that's scored better than him in the last 4 weeks is Defoe.

I know picking 4 weeks is sort of selective viewing, but I think he's done well recently, expecially considering there's been no Ben Arfa there.

My apologies I thought Arfa was out for longer than 3 weeks. Think someone else from Newcastle is out though who also contributed to him?

But in any event the 5 weeks before that was 2,3,8,1,2 making his longer term average just below 5.

Take out that 13 from last week and his average is below 4.

Not that I'm arguing with you I hope he keeps this new form up too because I have him :P

My apologies I thought Arfa was out for longer than 3 weeks. Think someone else from Newcastle is out though who also contributed to him?

But in any event the 5 weeks before that was 2,3,8,1,2 making his longer term average just below 5.

Take out that 13 from last week and his average is below 4.

Not that I'm arguing with you I hope he keeps this new form up too because I have him :P

Absolutely, he definately wasn't in great form a while ago. But there has to be a cut off point. All that really matters is that he's in form now, and has been good for the last 4 weeks in my opinion.

Cabaye is still out, I presume that's who you're thinking of.

Absolutely, he definately wasn't in great form a while ago. But there has to be a cut off point. All that really matters is that he's in form now, and has been good for the last 4 weeks in my opinion.

Cabaye is still out, I presume that's who you're thinking of.

Possibly, I'm not quite sure. I'm not as clued into team news as I should be.

Hoping for a repeat of last week, but I wouldn't have enough faith to captain him unfortunately. Went for Michu this week which means you're all fúcked when it comes to him, sorry lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Meh, there was an 8 just before that run of form listed as well. I doubt you're going to be able to find any player at the end of the season and pick out a five or six game streak where they had a couple of quiet games. Was a bit of an overreaction IMO.

Anyone know why Nastastic didn't play last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Guys I don't know what to do, here's my situation:

Ba (Doubtful), Bale (Injured), Walcott (Injured), Ruddy (Injured).

I already used my free transfer - a very bad one at that - so I don't know if I should do another one and take a 4 point hit.

I could just start Nelsen and play 4-3-3 with only one fit player on the bench, and sort it out next week. What do you guys think?

chops018 wrote: »
    Guys I don't know what to do, here's my situation:

Ba (Doubtful), Bale (Injured), Walcott (Injured), Ruddy (Injured).

I already used my free transfer - a very bad one at that - so I don't know if I should do another one and take a 4 point hit.

I could just start Nelsen and play 4-3-3 with only one fit player on the bench, and sort it out next week. What do you guys think?

Ba will play.

Yep, Ba is playing. Don't take a points hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Yep, Ba is playing. Don't take a points hit.

Well I was always gonna start Ba anyways, so you think I should just bench Walcott and Bale and not take a 4 point hit? I'll be transferring Walcott next week, can't rely on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,299 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Because loads of people transferred him in. This is more important to Mancini's selection policy than performances :)

Don't take a points hit, Bale will be back in two weeks and Walcott probably next week. Normally I wouldn't be so sure of things but seeing as this is my 5,000th post you can have all the luck that entails...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Begovic
    Jaaskelainen

Clyne
    Azpilicueta
    Hughes
    Rafael
    Clark

Santi Cazorla
    Walcott.........out
    Michu
    Bale .............out
    Sterling

Fletcher .....doubt
    Tevez
    Suarez......out

anyone got any suggestions ...any at all ?
    i was top in nearly all leagues but have been sliding recently.never wanted to have 2 arsenal players in midfield but got stung last week and had to keep santi

1.8 in the bank, one free transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

miller82 wrote: »
    Begovic
    Jaaskelainen

Clyne
    Azpilicueta
    Hughes
    Rafael
    Clark

Santi Cazorla
    Walcott.........out
    Michu
    Bale .............out
    Sterling

Fletcher .....doubt
    Tevez
    Suarez......out

i was top in nearly all leagues but have been sliding recently.never wanted to have 2 arsenal players in midfield but got stung last week and had to keep santi

I've done Rafael to Shorey early in the week (many reasons, Utd cant defend for sh1t and Rafael now rotation risk with Jones/Smalling fit). I would take a punt and offset a -4 by doing Bale to Sess as well. Worst case Sess does nothing, concedes in both games and you gain back 2 pts from the -4. Bale is gonna drop. Or another dgw player of your choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭no12

Worth a 4 point hit for Ruddy -> Mignolet to give me 4 DGW players...

no12 wrote: »
    Worth a 4 point hit for Ruddy -> Mignolet to give me 4 DGW players...

4 DGW players is not a good move considering the quality of the teams on the DGW

4 DGW players is not a good move considering the quality of the teams on the DGW

I know it will leave me 3 Sunderland and 1 Reading Mignolet,Cuellar, Sessegnon and Shorey. My thinking is that if i ship Ruddy this week i will get the 4 point hit back if Mignolet plays both games and if he does anything in either game (which he should) its a bonus...

no12 wrote: »
    I know it will leave me 3 Sunderland and 1 Reading Mignolet,Cuellar, Sessegnon and Shorey. My thinking is that if i ship Ruddy this week i will get the 4 point hit back if Mignolet plays both games and if he does anything in either game (which he should) its a bonus...

Still a risk I wouldn't take. Do you plan on keeping all 4 of them next week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

His missus was having her baby apparently . So I heard on the FFS podcast .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Begovic
    Jaaskelainen

Clyne
    Azpilicueta
    Hughes
    Rafael
    Clark

Santi Cazorla
    Walcott.........out
    Michu
    Bale .............out
    Sterling

Fletcher .....doubt
    Tevez
    Suarez......out

Walcott to Fellaini?

I wouldn't transfer out any player with a chance of playing, it defeats the purpose of improving your odds of ending up with 11 players who play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Decided to hold off on a transfer, have a feeling i'll need to make alot over coming weeks - have a few players one booking from suspension, Mata blank gw next week, as well as 3 Sunderland players i can't see being a whole load of use after this weekend.

Still a risk I wouldn't take. Do you plan on keeping all 4 of them next week?
    No next week I am doing Sessesnon -> Fellaini/Walcott Then I will alternate between Cuellar and Mignolet at the back. I am going to keep Shorey for the season and he is handy to have on the bench as i usually play 3-4-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looks like I'll be trotting out the old reliable 5-3-2 this week.

With Bale, Walcott and Suarez out, I used my FT to bring in Fellaini for Bale. Unfortunately I'm now stuck with 2 Everton midfielders (Pienaar who is being shipped out next week), and I don't fancy doubling up.

Heres to lots of 0-0's this week :D

• Advertisement

Begovic
    Jaaskelainen

Clyne
    Azpilicueta
    Hughes
    Rafael
    Clark

Santi Cazorla
    Walcott.........out
    Michu
    Bale .............out
    Sterling

Fletcher .....doubt
    Tevez
    Suarez......out

Walcott to Fellaini. Will bank more money, and means you only have 1 arsenal mid, which is the max anyone should have the way they are playing!

Advertisement