Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 16 transfers

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lads ye always help me...badly need suggestions for this week

federici
    cueller mertesacker rafael enrique
    morrisson michu sessegnon sterling
    ba tevez

begovic bale suarez demel

2 f/t & 2.7 million in the bank
    Reluctant to let bale go (keeping suarez)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

honeybear wrote: »
    Lads ye always help me...badly need suggestions for this week

federici
    cueller mertesacker rafael enrique
    morrisson michu sessegnon sterling
    ba tevez

begovic bale suarez demel

2 f/t & 2.7 million in the bank
    Reluctant to let bale go (keeping suarez)
    Upgrade Morrison to Fellaini, perhaps? You could then use the rest of your cash to swap Demel for Shawcross.

Should I sub Walcott out for Sess? This would necessitate a points hit as I already used my one FT to swap Michu in for Bale. If it wasn't for the doubts over Fletcher, I would be keeping Walcott. Not too crazy about two Sunderland outfield players ahead of next week, mind.

I have 2.8 in the bank. My rival has Fellaini but I need differentials, so I'm not sure about getting him back in.

Mignolet
    Cameron - Jose Enrique - Hughes - Clyne
    Michu - Morrison - Mata - Puncheon
    RVP - Fletcher

Subs:
    Jussi - Rafael - Walcott - Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Upgrade Morrison to Fellaini, perhaps? You could then use the rest of your cash to swap Demel for Shawcross.

Thanks. Vino opened so I could do anything! Need some solid advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Suarez to Giroud/Defoe. Have Santi already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Should I sub Walcott out for Sess? This would necessitate a points hit as I already used my one FT to swap Michu in for Bale. If it wasn't for the doubts over Fletcher, I would be keeping Walcott. Not too crazy about two Sunderland outfield players ahead of next week, mind.

I have 2.8 in the bank. My rival has Fellaini but I need differentials, so I'm not sure about getting him back in.

Mignolet
    RVP - Fletcher

Subs:

Just cos he has Fellaini, doesn't mean you shouldn't get him. If Fellaini gets more points that whoever you get in as 'differential', then you are losing out. In summary, I'd dump Morrison for Fellaini!

Just cos he has Fellaini, doesn't mean you shouldn't get him. If Fellaini gets more points that whoever you get in as 'differential', then you are losing out. In summary, I'd dump Morrison for Fellaini!
    I subbed Walcott out for Fellaini, Morrison will be ditched once Bale is fit again. I'm wary about Walcott's fitness & his contract situation, so I'll keep an eye on him for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mignolet
    RVP - Fletcher

Subs:

No you don't. Its only GW16.

Bring in Fellaini, hes one of the best players FF wise and you don't have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I've given myself 30 mins to sort my Wildcard selections. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

All done,Cuellar & Fletcher for dgw with Bale out for Dempsey who seems to be hitting form again.

Hope this pays off..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Decided to leave well enough alone as I'm probably going to need two transfers next weekend to ship out Ashley Cole and Fletcher. Still tempted to get someone in for Bale just because it won't cost me financially but think I'll be glad I held onto the transfer next week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

After 3 hours of analysis last night and this morning, am banking my transfer. Sunderland are unimpressive and have dreadful fixtures coming up and I already have 2 Sun players. No midfielder I want in for Walcott that I'm overly happy with and Suarez has had a rest and will have great fixtures.

2 FT will help fuel a mini wildcard next week when I'll do 3-4 transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Got in LeFondre for Ba, and saved my other free transfer for next week. My defence badly needs work, been ignoring it most of the season as there doesnt seem to be any return from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Got in LeFondre for Ba, and saved my other free transfer for next week. My defence badly needs work, been ignoring it most of the season as there doesnt seem to be any return from it.

Do what I did, get Begovic + 2 Stoke defenders and Mertesacker. Then forget about it. Although it will proably cost you a lot more than 19m to do that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Got in Michu for the 4 point hit and captained him. Best FF move I've ever made!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Cuellar out, Cameron in.

EDIT; oops wrong thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

already took an early 4pt hit, Lambert to Rooney enabled by Ivanovic to Bassong.

My defence is in the sh*t though, Bassong is my only fit defender. I have Clyne (Saints - not playing), Morrison (Reading - red flagged), Enrique & McCartney (WHam - 50%). I'm really struggling to put out a back 3.

adding to my woe's, I have Bale & Robson-Kanu (Reading - 50%, yeah that DGW really paid off)

I have £1.4 in the bank & I'm considering another 4pt hit. Possibly for Morrison to Mertesacker.

Any advice is welcome but ASAP please, I've work in the morning & don't have access to the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

you are in a tough spot but I would'nt take another 4point hit for a defender, hope you have a strong canidate for capt and just ride this one out, wildcard coming up in a few weeks

you are in a tough spot but I would'nt take another 4point hit for a defender, hope you have a strong canidate for capt and just ride this one out, wildcard coming up in a few weeks

Thanks, but my defence is weak & I am over exposed to Reading (although, Morrison would probably be the better of the two to keep). Captains choice is another decision to finalise - Rooney, RVP, or Teves?

EDIT - just realised I posted this on the wrong thread, my posts are GW17 transfers, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I have the same predictment re. capt, Carzorla, RVP, Suarez or Tevez. Your def will have to keep a clean sheet for you to break even on the transfer. How much have you got to spend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

already took an early 4pt hit, Lambert to Rooney enabled by Ivanovic to Bassong.

My defence is in the sh*t though, Bassong is my only fit defender. I have Clyne (Saints - not playing), Morrison (Reading - red flagged), Enrique & McCartney (WHam - 50%). I'm really struggling to put out a back 3.

adding to my woe's, I have Bale & Robson-Kanu (Reading - 50%, yeah that DGW really paid off)

I have £1.4 in the bank & I'm considering another 4pt hit. Possibly for Morrison to Mertesacker.

Any advice is welcome but ASAP please, I've work in the morning & don't have access to the site.

Stop making silly moves and taking 4pt hits that early in the week for a start. Bringing in Rooney was a bit like chasing the dragon.

Coming into this week with 3 players not playing, plus 3-4 injured practically all week on top of that?

Your mistakes are made now, dont be taking hits (esp for defenders), they have to keep a clean sheet just to get back to the points you had in the first place. Ride it out this week.

£1.4 in the bank, considering bringing in Mertesacker for Morrison. Arsenals next 5 = Reading(A) Wigan(A) WHam(H) Newcastle (H) Saints/me(A/Saint Mary's Stadium).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

£1.4 in the bank, considering bringing in Mertesacker for Morrison. Arsenals next 5 = Reading(A) Wigan(A) WHam(H) Newcastle (H) Saints/me(A/Saint Mary's Stadium).

Probably get more opinions in gw 17 xfers bud. I think you should hold fire personally but if mert keeps a cleanie you will gain 2 points on what you have right now.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Stop making silly moves and taking 4pt hits that early in the week for a start. Bringing in Rooney was a bit like chasing the dragon.

Coming into this week with 3 players not playing, plus 3-4 injured practically all week on top of that?

Your mistakes are made now, dont be taking hits (esp for defenders), they have to keep a clean sheet just to get back to the points you had in the first place. Ride it out this week.

Harsh but true. My mistake was bringing in the two reading players & here come the excuses..... Rooney was planned as was downgrading Ivanovic as he or Lambert are not playing this week. Bales injury pushed me towards transferring the injured Maloney (wigan) to Robson-Kanu, using up my saved transfer. Robson-Kanu played only 76 mins of a DGW getting injured in the process & Enrique has managed to get injured after 26 minutes when I brought him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭BroLo

Why can't ye use the GW17 thread?

BroLo wrote: »
    Why can't ye use the GW17 thread?

Sorry, my fault. I started the conversation in this thread (by mistake) so I might as well let it die in this one too. I'm off to bed soon so this will die anyway, have you any advice before it does?

daithijjj wrote: »
    Probably get more opinions in gw 17 xfers bud. I think you should hold fire personally but if mert keeps a cleanie you will gain 2 points on what you have right now.

Thanks, I think Mert is worth the risk when you look at his fixtures. But if I bring him in he will probably get injured :rolleyes:

Edit - Feck it, I'll go for it. He who dares Rodders, He who dares... Night Ya'll.

Advertisement