Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you throw your darts?

• 01-12-2012 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

I have recently taken up darts and was just wondering how do ye throw your darts?

Do ye throw them with some power behind them or float them in?

If you have any other advice for a newbie feel free to add it in.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Everybody's throw is different. What works for me will more than likely not work for you.

First off find the grip and throw that suits yourself. Make sure that you are not off balance in your stance.

Once you are relaxed with your darts setup,grip, stance and throw then practice and plenty of it will determine if you are going to be any good or not.

hth

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I agree with NeoRox, everybody has a different throw. Just look at the pros, some stand way to right at the oche, some stand dead centre, some stand with their toe pointed towards the board and some stand with their toe sideways to the board. It's really all about how you feel most comfortable.

What I think you should do is pick up your darts, walk to the oche and throw them without thinking about it. This should be your natural stance and grip because you didn't think about what you are doing. After you have been practicing this way for a few months and have gotten better then you can start trying to tweak your stance etc to see if it makes a difference for you.

There really is no right or wrong way to throw your darts. Good luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Delboy5

As a beginner what weight darts do you recommend to start off with !?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Delboy5 wrote: »
    As a beginner what weight darts do you recommend to start off with !?

24g dart is a nice medium weight dart to start off with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

badly

• Advertisement
Advertisement