Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend place for sunday lunch/dinner.. Dublin 5 or surrounding area

Options
  • 01-12-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi,

As title suggests.. I am new enough to area and the folks are coming for food at 3ish... Anywhere you would recommend going for Sunday dinner in around the area??

We will be driving... but dont wanna go too far

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

The Yacht in clontarf is really nice and isnt to far

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

Parnells GAA do a lovely carvery if thats what your after .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Restaurant 1014 down near the wooden bridge in Clontarf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Ill second the yacht. Great dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'll third The Yacht, but get there early if you can. The place can get uncomfortably jammers if you leave it too late. Seating is a bit odd. As opposed to regular tables and chairs, a lot of the tables have sofas. Diners have to share these sofas even if they are eating at separate tables. It's fine (if a bit cramped) if you have adults on the sofa beside you. It's a total mare if there are kids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I'll second 1014. The Yacht is an overpriced carvery using very poor quality ingredients. Why the place is always so jammers I'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I hate to hijack a thread but am looking for a similar thing in a different area.

I want a Sunday Roast in Dublin somewhere near enough to Whelans, but even down as far as Temple Bar would suit, has to be a good proper roast, with all the trimmings if anyone has a suggestion, I'd be way more grateful than you realise. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

I hate to hijack a thread but am looking for a similar thing in a different area.

I want a Sunday Roast in Dublin somewhere near enough to Whelans, but even down as far as Temple Bar would suit, has to be a good proper roast, with all the trimmings if anyone has a suggestion, I'd be way more grateful than you realise. :)

Oneills suffolk st. One in camden court hotel too.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

Ended up going to 1014...

Great service, good value, lovely setting and the food was delicious! Recommend this place to anyone!

Thanks for all the help and comments :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Ended up going to 1014...

Great service, good value, lovely setting and the food was delicious! Recommend this place to anyone!

Thanks for all the help and comments :)

And, its owned by a charity. Profits go towards funding CASA (Caring and Sharing Association). So tasty food and a good cause.

• Advertisement
Advertisement