Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Screen crashes

Options
  • 01-12-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, ok so my computer has been frequently freezing up and then crashing in the past few months, resulting in a blue screen.

I am wondering where I can find a memory log to post which identifies the problem? I did use Blue screen view and what that is essentially saying is as follows

Bug Check string- UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    Bug Check Code- 0x1000007f
    Parameter 1-0x00000008
    Parameter 2-0xba348d70
    Parameter 3-0x00000000
    Parameter 4-0x00000000
    Caused By Driver -ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Addres- ntoskrnl.exe+4b713
    File Description-NT Kernel & System
    Product Name - Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company -Microsoft Corporation
    File Version-5.1.2600.6284 (xpsp_sp3_gdr.120821-1629
    Processor- 32-bit
    Crash Address- ntoskrnl.exe+4b713
    Stack Address 1-ntoskrnl.exe+4bc96
    Stack Address 2-ntoskrnl.exe+3dbe8
    Stack Address 3-ntoskrnl.exe+3f5e7
    Processors Count - 4
    Major Version -15
    Minor Version-2600
    Dump File Size-106,496

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Another crash I've had is somewhat different, but generally speaking it is a Kernel crash. Log as follows:

Bug Check string- THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
    Bug Check Code- 0x000000ea
    Parameter 1-0x8643eda0
    Parameter 2-0x88045110
    Parameter 3-0x00000000
    Parameter 4-0x00000001
    Caused By Driver- igxpdx32.DLL
    Caused By Addres- igxpdx32.DLL+51774
    File Description-DirectDraw(R) Driver for Intel(R) Graphics Technology
    Product Name - Intel Graphics Accelerator Drivers for Windows XP(R)
    Company -Intel Corporation
    File Version-6.14.10.5179
    Processor- 32-bit
    Crash Address- igxpdv32.DLL+dbe
    Stack Address 1-
    Stack Address 2-
    Stack Address 3-
    Processors Count - 4
    Major Version -15
    Minor Version-2600
    Dump File Size-69,908

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I would test both your RAM (Memtest86+) and also Hard Disk (Vivard or MHDD) for issues. You can find these tools on the UBCD

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

yoyo wrote: »
    I would test both your RAM (Memtest86+) and also Hard Disk (Vivard or MHDD) for issues. You can find these tools on the UBCD

Nick

Thanks, em would I need to burn these onto the cd? Pardon, I'm quite ignorant in these matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Thanks, em would I need to burn these onto the cd? Pardon, I'm quite ignorant in these matters.

RTF(antastic)M:"The easiest way to burn the ISO file to CD is to use a small specialized freeware such as BurnCDCC or Active@ ISO Burner. For further assistance, refer to the tutorials section for help with burning the ISO image to CD with various popular CD recording software. Where possible, experiment with CDRW discs instead of CDR discs so that you can start over if something goes wrong, instead of churning out coasters."

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭BENDERS LINKS

Download Imgburn here. Any of the Mirrors, 7 or whatever.

Download UBCD from here to your Desktop.

Right click on it on your Desktop and you'll see a new Burn using Imgburn option.

Thats it.

You may need to go into your BIOS and change the boot order to get your computer to run from the CD and not just load windows. If you do then post back here......you just keep pressing F2 when you hit the power button to get into the BIOS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭BENDERS LINKS

Try Bluescreenview. The Download link is near the bottom of the page, it reads the dumpfiles Your computer creates when it crashes (as long as it's set to save them, it probably is) and you may get lucky and it'll tell you the actual cause. Sometimes it does.

Advertisement