Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oven not heating up

• 01-12-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭

Any of the top of the head suggestions as to why my oven this evening is not heating up.
    I had it on heating up while I was making my bun mix. When I went to put bun tray in oven, it noticed it was switched off and electricity light switch was off. Hubbie checked and trip switch had flicked. He reset it and I turned back on oven again. Put buns in and checked in 15 mins. Buns hadn't even started to rise. The oven wasn't warm. Switched off, switched on again. Tried grill, that works fine. Oven was used at dinner time and worked fine then.
    Any suggestions what could be wrong. Can't really ring the landlord tomorrow about it, may have to wait til Mon and see will mum cook us some dinner in the meantime!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

The heating element has gone so. You can order them off the net and they are easy fit as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Cheers. Is that just a fault that happens with electric ovens? I don't want the landlord to imply that we broke it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Cheers. Is that just a fault that happens with electric ovens? I don't want the landlord to imply that we broke it.

They just wear out after a number of years

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Had a similar problem myself a few weeks ago. Its simple enough to fix (if you have DIY)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81411712

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Sorry to hijack your thread OP.

Have Electrolux oven myself. Fan oven won't heat, normal oven will.

As simple as the other posters are saying (replace element) or something else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,412 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Handiman was out this evening. Heating element was gone, he had a spare one in his van. Job done in 15 mins. Thanks all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

dfbemt wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack your thread OP.

Have Electrolux oven myself. Fan oven won't heat, normal oven will.

As simple as the other posters are saying (replace element) or something else?

If fan is working on fan oven then yes, replace element.

Dont get confused with the fan in the oven and the cooling fan to keep bits and bobs cool, is the oven fan turning. ;)

Advertisement