Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sky go app for android?

• 01-12-2012 11:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭

I did a search and could not find a thread about this....

I went to download the sky go app today and it was not there in the play store, i thought i had seen it there previously?

Can we get sky go on android (4.1.1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

They havnt released a JB compatible version yet

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It depends on the device you have and the version you run, it's not compaitable on 4.0+ devices yet
    It's a bit outrageous, really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    It depends on the device you have and the version you run, it's not compaitable on 4.0+ devices yet
    It's a bit outrageous, really

It's compatible on ICS (4.0) devices that are unrooted. Which at this stage is a measly percentage of Android handsets. Most people are at least on 4.1 if not 4.2 and 4.2.1 now.

It's an absolute shambles, have Sky Go on my laptop and PC but would gladly take it on my phone it ever came available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Dave147 wrote: »

It's compatible on ICS (4.0) devices that are unrooted. Which at this stage is a measly percentage of Android handsets. Most people are at least on 4.1 if not 4.2 and 4.2.1 now.

It's an absolute shambles, have Sky Go on my laptop and PC but would gladly take it on my phone it ever came available.

I had it on my iphone and used it constantly, at the monent this is my biggest gripe with my phone, not the phones fault obviously but disappointing none the less!!!

Sky get it sorted!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

While SkyGo fumble try FilmOn. It doesn't have the Sky channels but it's a great app. BBC, ITV, C4 etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

While SkyGo fumble try FilmOn. It doesn't have the Sky channels but it's a great app. BBC, ITV, C4 etc. etc.

Thanks! kick ass app!

A question or two if I may, I'm seeing two apps under the same brand: FilmON TV free and FilmOn Family TV both marked 'free' what's the difference ?

Also BBC/ITV ect work for me now but I'm seeing many complaints saying you have to subscribe to get em, what's the deal there? is it time limited? or are those just limited to location?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Dave147 wrote: »
    Most people are at least on 4.1 if not 4.2 and 4.2.1 now.
    Wow I never knew 2.7% was most people.

Sky Go is compatible on ~93.8% of devices based on Android versions only.

Kavrocks wrote: »

It's only avaible on these handsets that run 2.2, 2.3 and 4.0:

HTC Desire, HTC Desire S, HTC Desire HD, HTC Incredible, HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation XE, Google Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note

Majority of those handsets would be running 4.0 and notice how not one tablet is supported

I know you're saying 25.8% vs 2.7% on November 1st but the whole of 4.0 can't use it and those numbers are changing by the day.

You must also remember that these are only handsets that accessed Google Play during a 14 day period, I have a phone which I haven't accessed Play with in weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    It's only avaible on these handsets that run 2.2, 2.3 and 4.0:

HTC Desire, HTC Desire S, HTC Desire HD, HTC Incredible, HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation XE, Google Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note

Majority of those handsets would be running 4.0 and notice how not one tablet is supported

I know you're saying 25.8% vs 2.7% on November 1st but the whole of 4.0 can't use it and those numbers are changing by the day.

You must also remember that these are only handsets that accessed Google Play during a 14 day period, I have a phone which I haven't accessed Play with in weeks.
    Ridiculous really. They put it down to licensing and security/DRM issues. Yet Netflix seems to manage just fine. It's clear their main priority is iOS, pity because they have a good selection of content.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

god's toy wrote: »
    A question or two if I may, I'm seeing two apps under the same brand: FilmON TV free and FilmOn Family TV both marked 'free' what's the difference ?

Also BBC/ITV ect work for me now but I'm seeing many complaints saying you have to subscribe to get em, what's the deal there? is it time limited? or are those just limited to location?

Dunno. I've got FilmOn Live TV Free installed. I've been using it for a couple of months with no subscription. I don't know if it'll be free forever but it's free for now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

The Italian version is out for 4.1.1 phones. English version should be out soon. Its a disaster of an app anyway. Cant use on rooted devices. One of the lowest rated apps ive seen on the play store too. Think it had a rating of 2.2 or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

G1032 wrote: »
    The Italian version is out for 4.1.1 phones. English version should be out soon. Its a disaster of an app anyway. Cant use on rooted devices. One of the lowest rated apps ive seen on the play store too. Think it had a rating of 2.2 or something.

The ratings are based on not being compatible with Jelly bean and rooted devices though and are not based on the application itself which I find is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Kavrocks wrote: »

No point basing it on Android versions only. Rooting is very popular on Android phones, I doubt less than 2.7% have rooted their phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

i just installed this on my galaxy nexus and it tells me that its is not available on rooted devices....but my phone is not rooted....its completely stock with the 4.2 OTA update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Scarlet42

I'm getting the same message on my galaxy s3 4.1 .. and again Its not rooted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

working fine on my Galaxy Nexus (not rooted)

neacy69 wrote: »
    i just installed this on my galaxy nexus and it tells me that its is not available on rooted devices....but my phone is not rooted....its completely stock with the 4.2 OTA update
    I don't think 4.2 is supported, that's probably why it says your phone is rooted. It thinks it's a custom OS

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It says 4.2 is supported, but sky being behind the times probably don't support 4.2.1 which is the latest OTA for Nexus devices, making it pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Have it on my Nexus 7 working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭vicM

Think even if you are stock but had once rooted or installed a custom rom, " then it reads the rom counter and assumes its still rooted..
    If you use tesco mobile it will not work as well, due to 'roaming'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Latest release working fine on the Note 2 running stock JB 4.1.1. Due to get 4.1.2 update soon, so hopefully that doesn't break things again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

biebiebie wrote: »
    Latest release working fine on the Note 2 running stock JB 4.1.1. Due to get 4.1.2 update soon, so hopefully that doesn't break things again.

running fine on a s3 with 4.1.2

Advertisement