Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honest People Still Exist

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

girl2 wrote: »
    Well I dunno about yours, but mine was not only a liar, but a sociopath a well (that's my diagnosis anyway :D )!

Mine was the same. A sociopath believing his own lies and lacking empathy. I think maybe he's the same guy. Was he named Pr1ck by any chance?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭TheFisherKing

OP, I sure do hope you got to do a little of this as a result:

http://tinyurl.com/bsv7646

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

goz83 wrote: »
    1k worth of my service, which is about 5, or 6 hours work and which will likely result in referrals for my services anyway. It would have been a big inconvenience if I had to replace the phone. Its now back where it belongs.

200 euro an hour hmmm?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

areyawell wrote: »
    200 euro an hour hmmm?

Might be at far less at cost for the OP but marked up retail worth €1k?

Lovely story OP, nice to see it happening.

I occasionally get the odd bill in a restaurant that is too low, and when I point it out the staff are always very grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Stheno wrote: »
    I occasionally get the odd bill in a restaurant that is too low, and when I point it out the staff are always very grateful

Thinly veiled "look at me, I eat food" post

--am I doing this right?:o

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Getting very confused here.
    How is the person that found the phone Christmas sorted if you offer five or six hours of your work and it costs a grand? Are you a Gigolo? What basic work costs a grand?

These is basically a troll thread if I ever seen one. In other threads you made you state you are a hypnotherapist? Am I missing something here?
    What service costs 200 quid an hour?
    This is basically a thread saying I have a made up assistant and want people to think I'm important

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

areyawell wrote: »
    Getting very confused here.
    How is the person that found the phone Christmas sorted if you offer five or six hours of your work and it costs a grand? Are you a Gigolo? What basic work costs a grand?

These is basically a troll thread if I ever seen one. In other threads you made you state you are a hypnotherapist? Am I missing something here?
    What service costs 200 quid an hour?
    This is basically a thread saying I have a made up assistant and want people to think I'm important

Do members with over a thousand posts troll. I'm sorry you're sad enough to dig up my posts to see what I do for a living. When the spark in your head ignites, you'll figure that hypnosis is not cheap. I wouldn't know what a gigolo costs, but you seem to know that they're expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I went into a nearby petrol station 2 weeks ago and got 30 euro petrol(a few fumes lol). Got to the till and the guy(I know his face from him working there but wouldn't know him as such)asked me did I want cash back?
    I said "I'll have 29 euro back please".
    While he was doing this someone he knew came in behind me and they started yapping.
    He hands me back my card, receipt and cash and off I go.
    It was only after about a mile in the car that I checked the receipt, the cash was squashed up in it.

He had given me 30 euro instead of 20 but only charged me for 20.
    So I turned around and went back to the garage.
    the guy was serving someone when I went in but I caught his attention.
    I said"you've given me a tenner too much" and handed it over.

He seemed flabbergasted as was the guy he was serving.
    As I was walking away I heard yer man saying"Jaysus, there's something you dont get every day, someone handing back money!!!!"

TBh I was taken aback by their response, I mean it wasn't my money and I knew it.
    Keeping it(to me) would be the same as stealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

I have been given too much money back at tills a number of times in various shops - and if I noticed it I would usually hand it back and always get a grateful thank you from the person at the till. Once or twice it was 10 euro too much on the change back - either they are working mad hours and are too tired to focus, or they just suck at maths.

Advertisement