Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Noodle Bar / Take Away Noodles - Dublin City

Options
  • 02-12-2012 4:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,460 ✭✭✭✭

Guys, a lot of new ones seem to have popped up in the city over the last year or so and about time. I love me some noodles but nuthin worse than crappy badly done noodles. Anyone have any gouge on any nice noodles places for take away in the city ???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Old Town Cafe Noodle place on Wexford street is very good. €5.50 and good portions. Unfortunately everyone seems to have heard about it now and it's packed at lunchtimes! The new place across the road is decent too, Wok King. Not sure if it's related to the one of the same name near Stephen's Green....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

+1 for Old Town Cafe Noodle

Also - bear with me here - Charlies but only for the Malaysian dishes. I've had char kway teoh there and it was sooooo good. You do pay a bit more though - €10 (but it's worth it for me when I'm a little homesick!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Toss'd in CHQ isn't bad, but a tad expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Kanum in rathgar and ballsbridge(i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Neon17 on Camden st. Delish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Neon on Camden Street is great, if a little pricey. Old town Noodle box is very good as well, especially the saté.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,460 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ok, thanks for the tips folks, be trying some of those during the week, and in the mean time feel free to keep em coming .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The amount of places that do crap noodles, kept warm in bain maries is ridiculous. I'm just praying for the day a Wok to Walk is opened!! Awesome place, especially if you're in Amsterdam and have over-indulged ever so slightly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Maybe not the best but Yum Thai on Duke St. have decent noodles if a little inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

MarkMc wrote: »
    I'm just praying for the day a Wok to Walk is opened!!

+100000

Here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

i had completely forgotten about being there in Amsterdam until those posts jogged the memory! Quality feed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Kanum is pretty good but is a bit expensive, must try that place on Wicklow Street soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Old Town Noodle box is ace after a nice on the tiles. Great way to finish, excellent taste and very affordable.
    Kanum is great but its the same as Camile and Neon in that its more restauranty. But food in all those places is excellent and live near them all which is good for somethings but means i'm in the gym all the time....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Anyone try Wok On In on Amiens street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

MarkMc wrote: »
    The amount of places that do crap noodles, kept warm in bain maries is ridiculous. I'm just praying for the day a Wok to Walk is opened!! Awesome place, especially if you're in Amsterdam and have over-indulged ever so slightly :pac:

Also in Lisbon. I love Wok to Walk; so fresh.
    Wok to Walk if you're reading this please come to Dublin!!

Edited to add: just checked out Wok King's website. They list veg noodles with oyster sauce under vegetarian. Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

mhge wrote: »
    Also in Lisbon. I love Wok to Walk; so fresh.
    Wok to Walk if you're reading this please come to Dublin!!

Edited to add: just checked out Wok King's website. They list veg noodles with oyster sauce under vegetarian. Doh!

There's another one down by the beach in Barcelona which is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

The Pad Thai from Yum Thai on Duke Street can be pretty decent at times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Anyone know if the one on the corner of Lord Edward Street near Christchurch is any use?would be handy for lunch if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Anyone know if the one on the corner of Lord Edward Street near Christchurch is any use?would be handy for lunch if it is.

Its ok, found it a bit stodgy myself. Not ideal for lunch if you have to head back to work in the afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Wokto Walk are a franchise, and they're based all over Europe. I looked into it myself not so long ago, bit pricey though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,460 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

thanks a lot for all the suggestions folks. Im off work for a week or two so im gonna try some of those over the course. Like some of you have pointed out its hard to get good noodles they either are done right and are delicious or are ****e beyond belief so all the suggestions greatfully recieved on behalf of this noodle addict. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

pithater1 wrote: »
    Its ok, found it a bit stodgy myself. Not ideal for lunch if you have to head back to work in the afternoon
    I thought it was absolutely awful. The noodles were fine but the sauce was overloaded with butter and tasted terrible.

Advertisement