Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Star Wars K.O.T.O.R

• 02-12-2012 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Yo,

I'm just wondering would anyone know of anywhere in and around Dublin where I'd still be able to find Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for Xbox. Yes, just Xbox! :P

My CD just snapped in half one day after I took it out of the console. I was major broken hearted.

Any attempt to find one over the past few years has been in vain, so I hope someone here can help me out.

I saw it on Amazon, but I've no way of getting it off there! So I was hoping if anyone would know somewhere I could find it in Dublin. I've been up to that place on Talbot street, the name escapes me atm, but they didn't have it, and your man didn't seem interested in helping me at all. And I've checked that discount place off Henry street that does the old school games too. But to no avail! :'(

So, if anyone knows I would love you 5ever (more than forever) if you could help me! :-)

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Very doubtful you'd get it in any shops. You can buy it on Steam for very cheap, though i'm not sure if that's an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Best 2 places to try are CEX on Liffey St (just north of the H'appeny Bridge) and RAGE on Fade St (just off Georges St). They have a few original Xbox games in both so have a nose through em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Op, sadly you are highly unlikely to get that game in any shop in Ireland. It can even be hard to find a specific early 360 game let alone an Original xbox game :P

Am I right in thinking you don't have a credit card? hence why you cant get it from amazon?

Just do what I do. Use a 3v card ( www.3v.ie ) its free and you just top up like call credit when ever need be (Min is 30 euro) more than enough to get yourself a second hand copy of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Perhaps the lads in the Arcade/Retro forums could help you? I know it's not exactly a "retro" game, but maybe they could poing you in the right direction to score some games that you would no longer find on shop shelves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Like a poster has suggested above, keep trying CEX and the Rage.

I've bought a copy of KOTOR and KOTOR 2 on xbox from each shop in the last 12 months. I think I paid about a tenner each, preowned.

If you're on facebook, ya can shoot off a PM to the Rage and they can check for you.

Nice choice of game, by the way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

As said the steam(pc) version will play on a very modest pc or laptop.
    It's €8.99

There are loads of xbox copies on ebay but they cost €20 delivered which is a bit steep. But it's an option if you can't find it anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dub63

Redlion wrote: »
    Like a poster has suggested above, keep trying CEX and the Rage.

I've bought a copy of KOTOR and KOTOR 2 on xbox from each shop in the last 12 months. I think I paid about a tenner each, preowned.

If you're on facebook, ya can shoot off a PM to the Rage and they can check for you.

Nice choice of game, by the way. :)

Just checked out Rage on Facebook. Nice one! If I don't get KOTOR I'll be getting some old PS1 games or Pokemon! :D Haha.

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Dub63 wrote: »
    Yo,

I'm just wondering would anyone know of anywhere in and around Dublin where I'd still be able to find Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for Xbox. Yes, just Xbox! :P

My CD just snapped in half one day after I took it out of the console. I was major broken hearted.

Any attempt to find one over the past few years has been in vain, so I hope someone here can help me out.

I saw it on Amazon, but I've no way of getting it off there! So I was hoping if anyone would know somewhere I could find it in Dublin. I've been up to that place on Talbot street, the name escapes me atm, but they didn't have it, and your man didn't seem interested in helping me at all. And I've checked that discount place off Henry street that does the old school games too. But to no avail! :'(

So, if anyone knows I would love you 5ever (more than forever) if you could help me! :-)

Thanks!
    If your with AIB you can change your bankcard into a debit card which you can use online. Then you can have all the shiny internet stuffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dub63

If your with AIB you can change your bankcard into a debit card which you can use online. Then you can have all the shiny internet stuffs.

I love shiny internet stuffs! I just might do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

I've a copy here you can have for a tenner.

Advertisement