Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Classical Pianist for completed Feature Film

Options
  • 02-12-2012 5:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Seeking a talented Pianist to play an improv version of Chopin's Nocturnes for the Feature Film's Trailer. No pay, but great credit/reel and connections to a team with many features ahead. Film Soundtrack, etc. Thanks, Nick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

What you need essentially is Chopin himself it seems, the man's dead unfortunately. Why not get your film composer to write variations on the nocturnes and get an ordinarily talented professional pianist to play them. You'll have a very hard time finding a pianist as talented as that, let alone getting them to work for free. That level of talent is in no way standard for a professional pianist. All the best.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

You need to be more specific with your request in order to be successful here. What style of variations do you want? How many? Which nocturnes? Is it a medley of the nocturnes or an improv in the style?

I disagree with IceFjoem that you need extraordinary talent to do any of the above, but it does require many years of dedicated time and money to achieve that level of ability. What price would you put on your talents, were you in the same position? Considering you're asking for 2 separate things (a composition and a performance), you need to reconsider your lack of fee. At least offer to cover any expenses for the musician.

Whenever I see a request to play for free, I think of this. Very apt analogy, really:

263638_10151158928788564_1380119905_n.jpg

Just some things to think about. Best of luck with your endeavor!

Advertisement