Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Visa Debit Transactions Limit

Options
  • 02-12-2012 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Just discovered that my new VISA Debit card can only be used 10 times between AIB updating their system.

Not a problem usually, except, from Thursday midnight until Monday midnight AIB don't update their system.

So from Friday morning until Monday midnight I can only have 10 transactions.....at Christmas time.....sure I willl be grand.

Spoke to AIB their answer?
    "Hey we only discovered this ourselves!"

JOKE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Can you still use your laser card for the christmas period?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

No because as soon as you use the Visa Debit card the laser is deactivated!!

Bah!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭chris2008x

I lost my Laser card and was sent a Visa debit card as a replacement.

Laser sucked donkeys ass when it comes to online shopping, but most shops allowed you to use it for transactions under €10. Local businesses will only accept the Visa debit if you spend over €20.

• Administrators Posts: 53,796 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

chris2008x wrote: »
    I lost my Laser card and was sent a Visa debit card as a replacement.

Laser sucked donkeys ass when it comes to online shopping, but most shops allowed you to use it for transactions under €10. Local businesses will only accept the Visa debit if you spend over €20.

That's a ridiculous limit.

Some places will require that you spend 5 euro or more to pay by card, but I have never heard of 20. I would take your business elsewhere if possible.

Advertisement