Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mighty England

Options
  • 02-12-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hats off to a mighty English display which put manners on the All blacks which I thought was fitting given their overly aggressive performance against Wales! One thing England invariably have is physique and if you can stop the Blacks bullying you, at least then you have a chance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Klunk_NZ

Well done England on getting their once in a decade win on the men in black. Mighty? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Klunk_NZ wrote: »
    Well done England on getting their once in a decade win on the men in black. Mighty? No.
    Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Somebody must be smarting

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Most of the NZ lads were sick during the week, it probably didn't help.

Any win over NZ is good though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Well, everyone wrote off Ireland's win because poor Argentina were tired after a long 12 weeks together in which they had played 8? games. So, on that basis, surely N.Z., who have been on the go (literally as well as metaphorically) for a lot longer were just as vulnerable. Recovering from a debilitating virus which depletes your body's electrolytes is fine and dandy if you work in an office. If on the other hand, you expend vast quantities of energy reserves for a living it's a lot more difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

I know if Ireland did it, there'd be no excuses about the All Blacks being sick and all that. Superb result by England. Played some lovely rugby and showed superb heart and determination.

Overall not the best of series' for them but they'll be battling it out with France for the 6n title imo

Why aren't NZ ever at death's door when we play them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Because we're always at deaths door..

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Even if they were we wouldn't get anywhere near them.

If that was Ireland playing yesterday everyone would be up in arms about the virus excuse being trotted out.

By the way posters keep referring to NZ being tired at the end of the tour?? They were very well rotated with games against Scotland and Italy included. Its a nonsense excuse to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Higher wrote: »
    Even if they were we wouldn't get anywhere near them.

If that was Ireland playing yesterday everyone would be up in arms about the virus excuse being trotted out.

By the way posters keep referring to NZ being tired at the end of the tour?? They were very well rotated with games against Scotland and Italy included. Its a nonsense excuse to be honest.

Also it was hardly as if they'd been involved in 3 games of the highest intensity either. Even last week against Wales they barely had to leave second gear, didn't break a sweat in the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Fair play to them, call it arrogance if you like but they never go out hoping for anything, they go out determined to take it and they did exactly that yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Klunk_NZ wrote: »

lemon.jpeg

Cheer up chap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 243 ✭✭Fits Morris

England have regained their rightful place at the head of the world rugby table. The chariot is well and truly rolling again.

Chris Robshaw will make a wonderful Lions captain.

England have regained their rightful place at the head of the world rugby table. The chariot is well and truly rolling again.

English fans - nought to super arrogant in 80 minutes... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Klunk_NZ wrote:
    Well done England on getting their once in a decade win on the men in black. Mighty? No

This is what I love/hate about boards.ie:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭OldRio

Swims up
    Sniffs bait
    Swims away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Sarcasm right? Please?

Fair play England, emphatic win and regardless of viruses, it wasn't a hard fought win that they scraped by with, they hammered the All Blacks. On any other day people would argue that the ABs are that good that they could beat anyone any day regardless of fatigue/injury/illness.

This is no different, New Zealand had illness in the camp, all pundits still gave them the nod to win. Only problem for England is I reckon this is a one off akin to us versus them in 2011,us versus Australia in 2011 etc. They had their backs to the wall and pulled a performance outta absolutely nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭maroondog

The lads in Sky were nice as pie to England captain this week after grilling him over his decision last week to go for penalty kick with 2 mins to go. They must have asked any one and everyone about this ''poor decision'' to go for goal, really went to town on him. This weekend it was all forgotten after beaten NZ, talk about going from zero to hero.

Fair play to them but wouldnt be getting too carried away with it but thats not the English way. Fans probably confidently looking ahead to 2015 after yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Elzevir

England are now definitely the best team in the world..

Agreed. England are now the best rugby team ever to have played the game. In fact they are certainly the greatest sports team of all time. The lions team should be made up entirely of Englishmen. Especially so as the Lion's oppossition is Australia, who we demolished at Twickenham recently..

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 56 ✭✭TheLastLazyGun

If our boys keep it up between now and 2015 and keep putting in performances like that then surely England would go into that World Cup as the favourites, especially considering that they are also the hosts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Chris Ashton's swan dive brings out the bigot in me every time

Elzevir wrote: »
    The lions team should be made up entirely of Englishmen.

Going by England's performance yesterday, and their performance in the match in which they SHOULD have beaten South Africa but made a wrong decision towards the end of the match which caused them to lose by a point, then I agree that all of the Lions should be made up of Englishmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Grimebox wrote: »
    Chris Ashton's swan dive brings out the bigot in me every time

Don't watch Michael Collins tonight, there's not telling what you might do....

Odd, all of these low post count 'English fans' cropping up here...

Odd, all of these low post count 'English fans' cropping up here...

I've only been a member for about a week.

Going by England's performance yesterday, and their performance in the match in which they SHOULD have beaten South Africa but made a wrong decision towards the end of the match which caused them to lose by a point, then I agree that all of the Lions should be made up of Englishmen.
    You forgot to mention how brilliant they were against Australia mate.. I for one was completely awestruck by that performance..

Elzevir wrote: »
    You forgot to mention how brilliant they were against Australia mate.. I for one was completely awestruck by that performance..

I think someone's jealous....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

England have regained their rightful place at the head of the world rugby table. The chariot is well and truly trolling again.

FYP :D

• Advertisement

I think someone's jealous....
    Yeah mate.. really.. I'm sure Ireland are utterly quaking in their boots at the prospect of playing such a (clearly) World beating side in the 6N in Dublin.. Don't you think maybe somebody needs to, just a little bit, not get too carried away? Look mate, you and your little English mates have absolutely no need to come on here and be so boorish.. It was an impressive win, but how can ONE WIN suddenly mean you are the best team in the world and should make up the Lion's squad? It's a joke. You should have a bit more self esteem than to come on here and make such idiotic comments. A little humility would get you so much more respect as rugby fans and commentators, but your fans are about most insular and least knowledgeable in the world, (right up there with the SA hicks)..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement