Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden boat repair

Options
  • 02-12-2012 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Folks
    Long shot but does anyone know of somebody that would repair an old wooden boat.

I've asked over at sailing and boating and also at the woodcraft forum but with no joy.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭.243

theres a boat builder in the kilcoole industrial estate (he's on the left if you were turning right to go around to k partz) he specializes in fibreglass but he could put you in the right direction for someone that does timber side of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭The Guide

Contact the Men's Shed they might help you out or point you in direction of someone who can

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Joe Redmond from Greystones would be the best wooden boat builder in Ireland.Don't know his address but Mrs. Mooney in the shop should know.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭mrbrianj

Noonan boats on the road to the beach in Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

2nd Joe Redmond- best hands in Ireland.....IF you can get him to do it. Lives in Burnaby Lawns, behind the tennis club. Mens shed might know how to contact him, ask around the harbour, Mrs Mooney maybe like stated above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Fiachra2

Go over the bridge in Newcastle and tirn left immediately down towards the sea. He is on the right just past the GAA club.

www.noonanboats.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Thanks everyone.

I called mrs mooney and she provided me with the number for joe. I'll give him a shout later today.

If joe doesn't want to take it on I'll contact noonan boats. I'd like joe to do the work as I remember him from being down at the harbour. He's a good bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I spoke with Joe but he's unable to take it on.

He did mention a man near the crest of windgates on the right hand side. Anyone have any ideas who that might be?

Advertisement