Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Camera for Child

Options
  • 02-12-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

I'm looking for advice please. My 8-year old son has asked Santa for a video camera for Christmas. Something that comes with video-editing software that would allow him to make home movies would be really great. All suggestions very welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Whats the budget? Maybe one of the action cameras like a GoPro Hero2 or a Contour Roam? They will take knocks, waterproof, can be attached to bikes, replaceable parts and compact. Down side is no built in screen (optional extra for the gopro). Should be good deals on Hero2's as the Hero3 is out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd agree with Rew the go pro would be a good choice for a kid due to it's ruggedness. It's a very cheap option considering what you get for the money. HD, it's fisheye but you can set that off for a more normal look, it can do cool slow motion stuff that's normally the reserve of much more expensive cameras.

Not having a screen could be good too in that it'll force him to think about the composition of the shot which is an important skill that can get overlooked.

Advertisement