Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop selling old Irish postcards

Options
  • 02-12-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for a shop in Dublin selling old Irish postcards. I don't mind if they are used. My girlfriend loves that kind of stuff and I'm hoping to get her some as part of her Christmas present. Any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

myironlung wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a shop in Dublin selling old Irish postcards. I don't mind if they are used. My girlfriend loves that kind of stuff and I'm hoping to get her some as part of her Christmas present. Any recommendations?
    Thanks in advance!

No shop as such, but the Pure Vintage Market on Newmarket Square had them. There should be a similar market on the 16th, afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭myironlung

Thanks Lars, I'll check that out. Might be a bit close to Christmas for comfort though. I've to ship to the US. Any other ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Lir Coins in George's Street Arcade have boxes of old postcards for sale on the counter and they're not very expensive if I remember correctly. It's the place opposite Spindizzy records, beside Little Mac's chipper. There's also a guy in Blackrock Market who sells all kinds of collectables and he has thousands of old postcards for sale. He's based in a shop unit on the right hand side as you enter Blackrock Market from the main street (again, if I remember correctly), but basically he's the collectables guy in Blackrock Market so you can't miss him if you go out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭myironlung

Thanks a million GoldenTickets, that sounds great!

Advertisement